alltracshoak's 4th st185... 92 teal

alltracshoak

almost there, with the help of gary's ofcourse...it almost started but its off one tooth on the intake camshaft...its advance so hopefully once i get that sorted out, itll start up like a charm

alltracshoak

alright, as of today 4/8/09 i got the car started...YAY!!! after all of my time spent, i finally found what was wrong with it...it turned out to be two bad injectors...i thought they were good after i got them cleaned from witch hunter performance... :x
but now it idles find and everything...tomorrow i just have to sort out small problems like getting new plugs...vacumn hoses...etc..just an update

88st165

Whoa the injectors you got back from witch hunter were bad? Dont they throughly test them which is part of their process? This makes me nervous b/c me and a buddy were just about to mail our injectors out to them tomorrow! Did you contact them about your issue?

alltracshoak

great news so far as of today.car starts and drive fines.it was running pretty rough before but now its wayyy better after i changed the spark plugs.it idles perfect and runs perfect now.small leak on the inner driver axle but that should be resolve tomorrow.already did compression test and all were at 180 so thats good news.after 1k ill do a leakdown test.just thought i share sint it feels good to be back in my car.(after a year)

alltracshoak

car is running fine except it keeps on throwing code error 25..i've changed the o2 sensor already but it still keeps showing up..however it drives fine...has 650 miles on the fresh motor already. need another 350 to go till i can assure its kinda broken into. no major issues so far regarding the engine.
heres a little update on the logos i've happen to have gotten
gt4rc2.jpg

alltracshoak

quick update:
just about to hit 1500 miles.performing a leak down test and retorqueing my arp head studs.so far piston 1&2 good,little to no leak.will post pics later on and update how the whole leakdown test goes

alltracshoak

so did a leak down test and found that in cylinder 4 it is leaking through the intake valves...will have to check clearance to see if its too tight or not...
money well spent 8)
Picture001-1.jpg

Picture004-1.jpg

random pic
Picture003.jpg

alltracshoak

after putting my car back to stock for referee,i manage to pick these up on my way home
dc9f9174.jpg

8101bff7.jpg

only 3 will need to buy the 4th one and need tires since the damn tire on them are so big 215/50/17

alltracshoak

car died yesterday due to a short somewhere...somehow my efi fuse keeps on blowing out and i dont know what it can be..everytime i click the key on and the injectors click on and it blows the fuse immediately. anyone encounter this problem before??where should i sttt looking before i take it to the shop

UtahSleeper

I would start with basics. Inspect all the ground wires ran in the engine bay and maybe follow the injector wires, just making sure nothing stands out.

alltracshoak

found the problem.it was two wires under the fuse box that goes right under efi relay.wired those two wires up and it started right up.well somehow if i drive it for awhile the efi fuse blow again.ill see how it goes tomorrow when i drive it to work