alltracshoak's 4th st185... 92 teal

alltracshoak

PC040129.jpg

PC040128.jpg

PC040127.jpg

tomorrow's the big day..hopefully there's no runs or anything =)

TEAMFaint

What are you planning on disassembling yourself?
Or are you letting the shop do all of that?

Just a tip, its best for them to take off the bottom rocker pieces and spray them OFF the car, rather than on.
I notice a few cars where it looks like the bottom rocker pieces look like they didnt get a whole lot of color sprayed on them because
of the lack of pressure.

Cant wait to see it completed dude, probably gonna be one of my more favorite Alltracs once its done :)

88st165

is that how its going in for paint? when i got my car painted i delivered it with it totally stripped of every trim, molding, etc. but if you can get away with a good tape job then that will be ok. are you painting it yourself? oh i also put the stock wheels back on b/c of overspray and paint dust.

alltracshoak

thanks guys...i took all the side mouldings out,im going to take the front trims out and going to take out the rear tailights out too. the spoiler is sanded and will be taking it off when painting but i decided to put it back on to look good......going to take the rear mudflaps off...the rocker panel, i guess ill just scuff it off and spray over it..i dont really care about the parts where you cannot see...and yes, im going to be painting it..hope it all goes well...may the alltrac members be with me so i wont make any runs :p

ill take picture of the progress tomorrow. :)

alltracshoak

thanks for the heads up..here's the list to do before painting
clean with wax & grease remover
tact it down with tact cloth
primer seal it
then paint the base
then clear

alltracshoak

update 12/06/07
here it is...i was rushing it tooooo much....had to go to work tooo and so little time...i miss painting at the bottom of the bumper...and there's some fish eye, some orange peel....i think im going to sand the clear and respray it...and maybe cover the bumper up...

PC050138.jpg

PC050137.jpg

PC050136.jpg

PC050135.jpg

PC050134.jpg

PC050133.jpg

PC050132.jpg

PC050131.jpg

PC050130.jpg

PC050129.jpg

PC050128.jpg

PC050127.jpg

more pic before i resand and respray clear coat on it
PC060128.jpg

PC060127.jpg

PC060126.jpg

PC060127-1.jpg

PC060128-1.jpg

PC060129.jpg

PC060130.jpg

special thanks to Ztrac for hooking me up with the paint and clear 8)
this was my first time painting a car...i was nervous, i have some dry spots so i thinking of reclearing it..i didnt have any runs though :D

Toyota_Todd

Looks pretty good for your first rookie paint job. I wouldn't have the guts to try it myself. :doh: Love the color BTW, nice choice. I still haven't got my Flik wheels out of the box!!! Its just hard to get excited about putting them on with snow on the ground. Keep up the good work and keep us posted on your progress.

WarTowels

New paint job looks sick. Wasn't sure at first, but those above pics I'm really loving the color.

Should keep the bumper and hood!!

-Towels