#767 of 5000 (GT4RC RIP: 09/91 - 02/08)

Corey

^^ Tyee is always bringing RC's over. im sure about 50% of all of japan's rc stock has been sucked dry by these guys.

as soon as they sell one, they put another one up for sale the next day. right now they have 3 or 4 listed. all around the 10k mark.

good luck

corey

GT4RC

Yeah, but not final yet. ICBC offered 9115 for the car, and is holding very firm to it, even though I have half a dozen ads for RC's selling anywhere from 10-12k....

I'll be buying it back, but am unsure of what I will be doing with the car. I may sell it whole, or part her out. Parting out will be very hard, as I live in an apartment with no storage, have no transportation to move parts, and will have to pay a shop to strip it.

WarTowels

Well as much as it sucks, I know a lot of us would like to be jackals, and get some of your parts. :doh:

-Towels

GT4RC

UPDATE:
ICBC did not budge on their offer for my claim, as I hoped they would.

Also, If anyone comes across an RC for sale, shoot me a pm, I want another, and I don't want to throw away money on a cheap car to get me by in the meantime, so I need to find one asap. Preferrably grey again.
If I can't get one in the condition I'd like I'll most likely import a supra as cheap as possible until st205's are available.

Thanks guys.

Corey

Well, if you want one asap, there are those few at tyee.

Dont think they have a grey one at the moment. black and red.

http://www.tyeeimports.com/Details.asp?ProductID=169
http://www.tyeeimports.com/Details.asp?ProductID=227
http://www.tyeeimports.com/Details.asp?ProductID=35
http://www.tyeeimports.com/Details.asp?ProductID=40

Wow, they keep bringing these things over like they're a dime a dozen. Ofcoarse, looking at the Auction Report, these are fairly beat. :(

Otherwise I'd ask craig to start looking for ya. Unfortunately the cost of our cars is going up every month :( But since your a repeat customer, i'm sure he will give you a deal on the service fee. They did for my friend.

Gt-Fours in general are now running between 7-9 grand for one in good nick.

I saw an IMACULATE black rc for sale on j-spec for 13grand!

GT4RC

Corey Darling":3asve6nw said:
Otherwise I'd ask craig to start looking for ya. Unfortunately the cost of our cars is going up every month :( But since your a repeat customer, i'm sure he will give you a deal on the service fee. They did for my friend.
Sad actually, I've left them numerous emails, and even left Ben (the guy I dealt with) 2 direct emails with absolutely no response. Pretty pissed actually.

Gerry at Terra2imports has been very helpful, even giving advice on dealing with ICBC. But they tend to be more expensive.

The problem with my search for a new one is my pickiness. I want another one in the condition mine was in.

Corey

Sad actually, I've left them numerous emails, and even left Ben (the guy I dealt with) 2 direct emails with absolutely no response. Pretty pissed actually.

Thats odd. Any luck on skype? They are usually online 24/7. But dont usually wake up/get to work till 16:00 local.

I've never had trouble getting ahold of either of them :|

I want another one in the condition mine was in.

Dont blame ya :wink:

GT4RC

Corey Darling":265hx75o said:

Thats odd. Any luck on skype? They are usually online 24/7. But dont usually wake up/get to work till 16:00 local.

I've never had trouble getting ahold of either of them :|
I don't run skype... and the first time I dealt with them they replied promptly. It's wierd. I'll email em again...

Corey

Skype is all i use to talk to them. worth a try. Can call them on it also.

The Texting is free like msn. and international calls are vitually free.

GT4RC

Corey Darling":1rzbs81h said:
Skype is all i use to talk to them. worth a try. Can call them on it also.

The Texting is free like msn. and international calls are vitually free.
I'm actually computerless at the moment, and no internet either. I have a work provided phone(sell for rogers) so communications costs are not much of an issue, so I've never ventured beyond calling cards really. I even took the berry to mexico without thinking twice lol.

st185rc

oh god, that's awful to see man. it's sad that these cars are so rare, and when one is written off, it's like a family member has died. I'll be on the lookout for another RC and if I do find one, I'll pm you about it man

YerRandO

GT4RC

st185rc":2k6y3v4s said:
oh god, that's awful to see man. it's sad that these cars are so rare, and when one is written off, it's like a family member has died. I'll be on the lookout for another RC and if I do find one, I'll pm you about it man
Yeah man, it was quite a thing to be able to say I own my dream car. Part of me died the day of the accident.

Thanks for the heads up on the '93, as it is also a rare car, but I really want another RC.

I've gotten hope again as Corey re-established contact with j-spec for me (thanks Corey! :D) so we will see what they find.

Hotrodhendrix

My heart just dropped looking at those pics. They really make me feel sick... :cry:

Purchase a POS car for now and then pick up one of the first st205 WRC. That should give you time to save up and after you get the 205 you can sell that beater and buy some parts for the new GT4!

GT4RC

Hotrodhendrix":24bqd4ki said:
My heart just dropped looking at those pics. They really make me feel sick... :cry:

Purchase a POS car for now and then pick up one of the first st205 WRC. That should give you time to save up and after you get the 205 you can sell that beater and buy some parts for the new GT4!

Perhaps I already have a game plan of that variety ;)

Okay, so if I cannot find an absolutely mint RC, one that I will be keeping indefinately, then a mkIV supra will be my import of choice. It will go for sale the day it arrives, and will serve as a filler car until st205WRC's are available. In the meantime my family has an old 84 or 85 tercel wagon that was grandma'd from day 1(literally, it was my grandma's) that I will use until I get something imported, I just have to go get it.