Satan's Done for now(Updated 6/13/13)

Hotrodhendrix

It sure is nice to have a peformance shop 5 min from your house that can weld most anything including aluminum. He does one hell of a job as well. Only problem is it tends to get pricey... :wink:

Hotrodhendrix

EDIT~ Please forgive the crapy camera... It washes out alot of the colors and does NOT do the car justice by any means.

Well she still hasnt started. Having issues with getting a spark. :doh:
So I finished up a few other things while trying to figure out this and a few other issues...

This is just a temp fix but it works for now. The avcr actually matches the head unit!
Alltrac4-10-08001_640x480.jpg

A few more interior shots..
Alltrac4-10-08002_640x480.jpg

Alltrac4-10-08024_640x480.jpg

Alltrac4-10-08021_640x480.jpg

Finally got around to restoring a few parts. The cruise control cover was rusted up as well as the wiper blades. So after a few hours of grinding and painting I fixed that problem. The cover I grinded and semi polished then clear coated it. The wiper blades are semi gloss black to match the rain guard. I did the rear as well. They arnt perfect but unless you get upclose and really look you cant tell. Blades are anco contours.
If you notice the mesh behind I removed and painted a metalic red. I was bored. :oops:
Alltrac4-10-08003_640x480.jpg

Hotrodhendrix

Now for the good stuff...

Installed the oil catch can next to the avcr.
Alltrac4-10-08013_640x480.jpg

Finished the straight intake. 6" in length
Alltrac4-10-08010_640x480.jpg

Finished the 2.5" intercooler piping. Its wraped in some insulation wrap that I got from home depot. Not sure if I will rewrap this with something else or not... 4 ply couplers and piping is from fast-turbo.com (here in dfw). All the welding was done by some of my fathers friends. Also installed the SSQV recirculated.
Alltrac4-10-08007_640x480.jpg

Alltrac4-10-08006_640x480.jpg

Alltrac4-10-08008_640x480.jpg

Alltrac4-10-08010_640x480.jpg

Alltrac4-10-08015_640x480.jpg

Alltrac4-10-08017_640x480.jpg

Had to cut the a portion of the battery ledge off to fit the intercooler pipe. Also had to relocate and custom mount the overflow tank. I used one off of a gt model which is smaller which fits much better.
Alltrac4-10-08026_640x480.jpg

Installed the tial 38mm and finally finished the turbo setup with high heat oil drain ect.
Alltrac4-10-08004_640x480.jpg

Alltrac4-10-08005_640x480.jpg

And engine bay as it sits now.
Alltrac4-10-08018_640x480.jpg

Alltrac4-10-08019_640x480.jpg

Hotrodhendrix

Satan LIVES!

As usual its always the most simple issue that keeps it from starting... I forgot to plug in the distributor... oops. :twisted:

Hotrodhendrix

Probably a grand total of 10 hours or so.. lol

Now I have a shit ton of more issues. Im almost to the point of dropping it off at ATS. :(

Hotrodhendrix

Ok thanks to some of my local alltrac buds we got it on timing! The first run didnt go so well. I didnt have any brakes.. After a quick bleed they came back to life. We went for a bit longer drive after it got dark.. It took a bit but once the ecu started to learn the car it got much better. Went from lean to perfect after about 2 or 3 min of driving. Smoothed out alot. It made a little bit of power but not much. I didnt take it above 4k rpm. Turbo kicked in at about 3.5k which is to laggy for this turbo. I didnt push it at all so I dont know what it would really feel like. Its only pushing .5 bar at the moment during the brake in period.

Clutch feels great. Turbo sounds amazing. All in all im very happy with the out come. Pics will come soon once the exhaust is installed and its street legal again. :smokes:

stealthedgt4

wish i coulda stayed longer for the drive trial wanted to witness it but hey ill see it on the road soon enough and then hellica will running side by side down the road with satan

Hotrodhendrix

stealthedgt4":3rl57jsh said:
wish i coulda stayed longer for the drive trial wanted to witness it but hey ill see it on the road soon enough and then hellica will running side by side down the road with satan

Sounds poetic. :evil:

Thanks to some crappy situations money is to tight for the exhaust. Poor poor vr4.... Anyways. I will at least work on getting it inspected.

syko says

So what exactly was wrong with it? Timing was way off causing it not wanting to start? Really sounds like a 'devil' to work with :evil:

Hotrodhendrix

Timing was way way off. The valve timing was off a few teeth as well(pain in the ***). Still not sure how but my brother and I did the ignition timing but with no luck. David and Joe come over the next day and do the exact same thing... They had it running in 2min. :p