My GT42R st185 project

alltracshoak

tjdouble07":1l52h4lb said:
I'm gonna see what a stock tranny running Royal Purple and some Lucas Oil stablizer can do...

i remember a thread about lucas oil stablizer saying that its not good..can someone chime in

tjdouble07

RedCelicaTRD":2ofkrpn8 said:
Manifold done yet??

Manifold isn't done yet but it's on its way! We just finished the divided t4 collector last night. Lookin really good. When I progress a little more I'll snap some pics.

tjdouble07

EasternBandit":2czhoe3f said:
Here's a demonstration on lucas in gear oil.
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/images/lucas/lucas.htm

although I have heard of people doing just fine with it when used with an oil that has more antifoamant additives than used in the examples.

also take anything found on the web with a grain of salt

I've done a little reading pointing both ways with the Lucas oil additive. I for one haven't had any problems with my transmission, running the Lucas with my Royal Purple, but I'm not sure about the foaming. I may just go back to plain Royal Purple or Redline, but I'm not sure yet. I originally put in the Lucas after I started getting a little gear whine, and it seemed to help. Don't know definatively, either way...

tjdouble07

The turbo is in. Along with the 4" exhaust. All I can say it boy, what a squeeze. Right now I'm working on finishing up the new IC setup (just need to finish up the piping) and then she's getting a cage put in, in about 2 weeks. She should be running within the next 4-6 weeks. :)

syko says

Out of curiousity, are you after Patrick's title? I cannot wait to see this come to life. I have heard very few 4 cylinders on a 42r and they sound like diesel trucks at idle (though I am certain Pat's one does sound like death as well)

Also, what is your wastegate set up for the twinscroll? I would love to know that.

tjdouble07

I'm not really "going after Pat's title", but it would be cool to run low 10's in an old school Celica All-Trac. :)

As far as wastegates, I'm running twin 44mm Tial wastgates. I might post pics of my progress before it's fully complete, but I thought it might be cool to just post up pics of the finished project, when I can accompany the pics with dyno numbers and maybe a video or two... :wink:

tjdouble07

Well, today is a sad day... I have sold the car to a friend, after facing the reality that I cannot afford to finish this project, and no longer have time to work on it. The lucky new owner said he would make sure the car was finished and reaches its full potential. Too back I couldn't keep it... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

sleeper

Can you please post some pictures of the fuel lines from the tank all the way to the engine?
con`t find any room for mine.. ( about 20mm outer diameter..)