My GT42R st185 project

tjdouble07

LOL! OK, I got the car back from the shop who did my roll cage last Thursday. As of now, I am completing pulling out my old motor tonight to make way for my new, stronger built motor. I just need to get everything balanced with my new motor, before I slap everything together and bolt it up. Oh, and I've got a pretty slick CDI setup to run with my new Hyra 2.6, along with lots of new goodies (complete new engine wiring harness, new shift cables, shorter throttle cable, etc, etc....). I would post pics, but I think the visual impact of showing it all complete would be cooler, along with maybe some AWD Mustang Dyno results to go with it. Also, I've decided to do only an E85 (actually E70, in Utah) tune this year, and see what I can do with that. A local guy with a 4g63 is making more power with 9 psi less boost then he made last year on C16 on his GT42r setup, so it sounds promising...

I will try to get everything complete ASAP so I can finally show you guys some pics of this beast!

Stay tuned...

:D

tjdouble07

OK, OK... The turbo/twin scroll manifold setup/4" exhaust/3" IC piping/custom coolant system is done, the cage is in, motor is done, the suspension is done, the fuel system is 90 % done (will be completed tomorrow), the wiring is getting finished up and the new motor should be in tomorrow or Thursday... By chance does anyone want to see some pics, or should I wait till it's all running and tuned? Maybe I'll at least wait till Friday when the car is ready to start... 8)

silence

pichers1.jpg

tjdouble07

OK, here are a few pics of the motor before I finished throwing it together. The first is after installing the pistons into the block and after decking/lapping the block (with my freshly purchased lapmaster lapping plate) in preparation for my new Phuzion Cometic head gasket.

p1000512ip2.jpg

Here is my head, after polishing the combustion chambers/installing new SS oversized valves and milling/lapping the gasket mating surface. (before I threw it in the washer, it was VERY shinny. 8) )

p1000513ga7.jpg

Here are a few pics of the motor fully assembled, before I threw the tranny on today. Figured I better get a few pics of the twin plate clutch before it is hidden forever!

p1000517ma8.jpg

p1000519vh6.jpg

Here you can see my A/C deletion...

p1000518ut4.jpg

I have pics of the turbo setup when we were mocking it up, but now that everything is completed/polished/coated, I'm gonna hold off posting pics of that stuff untill it's installed on Friday. I might take some pics of the interior tomorrow and show you guys the new cage/seats/interior. The guy who did my cage did an awesome job!

Sorry for the delay guys. This has been a very time consuming, slow going project, although I've been working on this stupid thing every night/weekend for the past 5-6 months! At least it's finally almost done.

More pics and updates to come.

tjdouble07

silence":2t0mn28k said:
Very nice build. Its all so clean. Is that a new wiring harness?

Thanks guys. And yep, its a new engine harness. Along with all new connectors/cables for the engine bay, new shift cables, new bushings, new (short) throttle cable, etc, etc. And the valve cover in the picture is my old one. I'm currently getting some AN fittings welded on to another valve cover for my new pretty slick PCV system, and will have it freshly powercoated to match my old one...

Hopefully I get most everything put together under the hood by Friday, and will take some more pics then...

tjdouble07

OK, as promised, here are some more pics...

The interior is starting to come together... (seats have the front cushion pulled out, until I put my seatbelt harnesses in)

p1000522xg1.jpg

I took the back seats out, as they are now about pointless, with the full cage. I intend to keep this still a street car though, so I at least put carpet in its place, although I have a little finishing work to do...

p1000521gy3.jpg

p1000520gg0.jpg

My new suspension and brakes with deleted ABS (still waiting to get one of my new fender liners from Toyota)

p1000523um2.jpg

Here's a straight on shot of my new twin scroll manifold, with the HPC Extreme coating (HPC is in local to me, so I decided to get it done, to help protect my new harness/wiring...)

p1000525jl9.jpg

The new fuel rail with the 1600cc injectors plugged into the new connectors I just installed (wanted to make sure they fit)

p1000524js4.jpg

I also just got my AN fittings welded on my other valve cover, so tomorrow it will be going down to powdercoating...

More to come... 8)

tjdouble07

WarTowels":3muhu1m4 said:
Missing a nut in the suspension shot?

Otherwise looks great.

-Towels

I don't have an engine in the car right now, and the front end is on jack stands. Tomorrow I will be putting the axles back in, so I didn't put everything back together...

tissimo":3muhu1m4 said:
very nice!

whats the deal with the coils? (what ems you running/what coils are they)

I'm running a custom coil setup, with an MSD DIS4+HO CDI ignition box, controlled by my new Hydra Nemesis 2.6 to control the direct fire configuration I will be running (not wasted spark). Should work out pretty good, I hope.