Tubasteve - **update** 10-3-2015 -new pictures

tubasteve

i know those are, cuz i sell them at my shop....i raced my buddys evo tonite messing around...i have a ways togo, but i can see the fear of god in his eyes :evil:

EricGT4

tubasteve":33njsw87 said:
i know those are, cuz i sell them at my shop....i raced my buddys evo tonite messing around...i have a ways togo, but i can see the fear of god in his eyes :evil:

I am counting down the days for my evo/sti slay. not too long now... not too long.

tubasteve

in my accord it has already happened, but my buddy is the king of why things rnt fair....stis are moded to hell out here and my accord walks away from them....but I guess I want something a little harder than an engine swap. everytime I look @ ur picture I laugh, cuz I see your sti.... :wink:
peace
-steve

phattyduck

LOL... Not everyone that has a Subaru or Mitsubishi hates on Toyotas... :D

And even better, I'm waiting for the day when I walk on an STi or Evo in my Camry Alltrac. :wink:

-Charlie

lumbercis

If you really are a honda guru and are good with wiring and custom work, someone already has gotten a honda ECU to run a 3sgte using Crome I think it was called. Do a search on mr2oc and there is a write up of how the guy did it.

I second the sb46 or 50 street brawler turbo for your goals. But you need to READ THE POWER PRIMER! Seriously, it will answer 90% of your questions about how to mod a 3sgte.

Good luck! :smokes:

J.

tubasteve

All right, so its been awhile, i was away with the blue devils over the summer, but that is now long gone.

Sence being back i hae bought only a couple things. such as cheap ebay stuff, 3" dp, manual boost controler and a couple ecu.s

the down pipe was manly for the cat delete so i can use it to smog, and also broke a couple studs.

i had an issue of on 7lbs boosting on avg. night or day, so i hooked up the boost controller, and $20 and it works. im currently running 10-11, watching for knock, watching to see boost spikes, and im very happy, at first it wasnt hooked up right cause the check valve was backwards. so i was seeing 15-20lbs quickly add up as it spooled. fixed that asap.

With that stuff being done, its a lot quicker, and fun, i dont feel like im going to get run over. had a little race tonight and it was a turboed civic that my shopbuilt for this guy, 240 whp, it was a dead even race until full boost for me, i pulled a little.

next is installing the st205 ecu, cant stand the afm system, dyno runs will be done hopefuly this week as my shop just got the system upgraded.

tubasteve

SO FOR THE PAST COUPLE OF WEEKS IVE BEEN PUTTING OFF THE BAD O2 SENSOR. IVE HAD A CEL ON FOR 02 TOO LEAN. ALSO MY CAR RAN ROUGH IN THE MORNING AT TIMES, UNTIL WARM AND START BOOSTING(AND I MEAN LIKE RUNNING 800cc INJECTORS ON MY STOCK ECU AND STUFF, LIKE FLOODING IT) IT WOULD FEEL LIKE A CARB. CAR WITH THE COLD BLOODED THING. IT HAD A HEAVY LACK OF POWER WARM OR COLD AND 10-11 PSI.

LAST NIGHT

MY BUDDY AND I WENT OUT TO RUN AROUND IN A CANYON AND ON THE WAY BACK I NOTICE THE CEL IS OFF, BUT THOUGHT IT BURNT OUT SO I TURNED IT OFF AND CHECK CAME ON AND WENT OFF, AND WENT TO PULL AWAY FROM THE LIGHT AND I HAD POWER AND A CAR THAT PISSED ME OFF, CAUSE I CHECKED THE O2 FOR TWO DAYS, AND IT WAS FLAT LINED AT 0.05V....

BASICLY IM ASKING IF ANYONE HAS HAD THIS KINDA SAME PROBLEM...

RedCelicaTRD

If it there is no response the o2 sensor is totally dead. Interestingly enough I don't think there is a CEL for a totally dead sensor.

tubasteve

when an 02 is failing or bad it goes to a lean state, thus i got a "lean code" but 8-12 mpg would prove different, i dont boost 24/7, or race it. so it was telling the ecm that it was lean, black crap all over my newly painted car, i cleaned it today, car is running bitchen, my dad seems to think i got the 02 got red hot last night and it helped it some how, dun know, but im gunna man up and just buy a n.d. 02 tomorrow. i really wish i knew what happened, cuz this doggin thing just went away, like the car is night and day, like it doesnt have to boost anymore to just go.....but just like the dogging thing, i parked it and 2 hours later is when it started doing it, and now its been two days and drives like it should.....so i was about to go with the st205 ecu and set up, or the rc/cs, i have all the stuff, but im looking into a hondata, cause this is weird.

tubasteve

couple new updates, car has a show room, paid too much paint job. i got a color a little brighter than stock, and it turns heads(red) ill post pics as soon as the storms stop here. well, its been 2 week scene i took out my a/c idle thing and i list my check engine light code for the o2 code. cause the air was leaking from it, and i just realized when it was cold. i set timing here about a week ago back to stock, and i went to the snow and it would run to 7- 10 psi, then id hear that great noise of knock/ping and lose ALL boost. i then came home and reset the timing to 5, and yes I know how to set it. little inside; its a jdm motor with the usdm ecu, and i will get an egr after a good boost or two, good timing(cel vs. boost), for egr used during boost. the car is fighting me, i had that terrible hard start when cold issue, so i fixed that with taking out the cold start. i dont know, i just dont want to start building with the stuff i have ready if my car doesnt run right stock. if anyone in the area is local and want to cruz by, be my guest. pm me bout that if not post your ideas.

tubasteve

i installed the new ecu(93 rc) i have the 95 soon to be installed when i get money and parts, ive had the ecu for almost 4 months now, installed it. ran to my local gas place got some 110 oct.(not cheap) and well thats my update as of now. i need a mid pipe bad, any ideas? im willing to get cat back...let me know

Corey

You say you installed an RC ecu. Did you also install an RC AFM?

And does that 110 oct have lead in it by chance? And as everyone on here has been beating into my skull for months now, jdm ecu only needs ~94 octane at 12psi. It will love 98 though.

110 seems excessive.

tubasteve

4 part 110, 10 part 91.....and no r/c afm...i know ive herd it's bigger, im not notice any ping or knock. is there another reason other than running lean? please fill me in!!! it's "low lead" im running no cat's as well as the o2 in japan doesn't need a heater so thats only $20 for a denso.

its parked for now, i was just bored yesterday, and went to hook it up, im going stand alone when i get a the money, this holiday season just killed me.

last thing, anything else i should know?
thanks ahead of time!!!

-steve

Corey

The RC AFM:

It is larger, and pinned differently. It delivers different signals to the ecu than the standard one - this is likely one of your main issues.

The Octane:

Leaded fuel will damage O2 sensors. Just because it says low lead, doesnt mean its safe - Here is an example:

Aviation 100 LL (low lead) contains 2x the amount of lead as LEADED auto fuel from the last century.

So - this is very likely killing your O2 sensor, and spark plugs, and cat if you still had it installed.

The Smaller AFM is probably causing your Lean running condition. The 110 octane is suppressing any detonation it may be causing - I know, i had a similar issue just a few weeks ago due to a damaged AFM. Running 98 octane prevented the detonation, but not the underlying issue.

I would stop using the 110 octane fuel, and just use some 94 unleaded - its all you need.

You mentioned you are going to install a 205 ecu and get rid of the AFM system.

Until then, i would reinstall the stock ECU, which is USDM right? This should run perfectly fine on 91-94 octane.