ST-215 Swap

mk3_turbo_88

Kcman91gts":3en5hsq9 said:
This swap is actually another one that interests me a great little bit but i havnt been able to find too much information on it only a few bits and pieces here .. definatly need way more pictures to go with this thread and mods lists // as for posting the pictures , wherever you have them posted just right click on the picture and select properties , theres a http address , put that address inbetween two IMG tags and it will display.

Good Luck!

Aright cool... thanks for the picture help. I'll do that when I upload the pic to my computer.

mk3_turbo_88

smog7":16e9wxu4 said:
so what's the advantage of an st215 swap over an st205 swap?

Not much just that its newer, better intake manifold design, cop, plus another 15hp different. You can get more then 15hp from a st205 just by upgrading intake, exhaust, and boosting. So really not much. I seen a lot of alltrac and sw20 doing 3gen swap, but not really to much 4gen. huh... don't no how well the 4gen going to run until the swap is done. Guess just got to wait and see. All I can say is that I hope, it will run better then my 2gen.

Kcman91gts

Do you happen to have anymore pics from when you did the swap . it would be really neat to see alot more of this swap ... and the sound of that thing running is amazing ..

how did you find the wiring ?

mk3_turbo_88

EasternBandit":2ik6pjf0 said:
What part of oregon? I'm in Newport. But I go up to oregon city every now and then to visit my sister and brother-in-law.

I live in portland. OC is not that far from me. Its about 15 min drive.

mk3_turbo_88

Kcman91gts":4pkxpmmu said:
Do you happen to have anymore pics from when you did the swap . it would be really neat to see alot more of this swap ... and the sound of that thing running is amazing ..

how did you find the wiring ?

I do have more pic, but is not all that great. This was a one man project. Therefore I did't have the time to take to much picture of all the step by step proccess. I'll make video of the pic that I have, and put it on youtube. As for the wiring I use fivebob ecu pin out. I had to trace the wire were it when, and what power what. Such as what power injector,ecu,relay,STA, FP,FC,NSW,+B etc..... It was a good thing I had a front clip, because with out it I'll be as out. For example there are 4 plug that plug up the ecu. 2 of them are on the main eng wiring harness. The other 2 are coming from the dash. So with out a clip you will be missing 2 ecu plug.

but I suppose that those two plugs that are coming from the dash harness to the ECU are for cluster, CEL, diagnosis box, fuel pump, A/C. You can wire those even if you don't have a whole clip.