Gutting a GTFour RC

notslow

Gunt? Is that the male derogatory version of the word 'cunt?' lol
No, it is the area between the curtains and the overhang. Not quite a gut, not quite a c***; its a gunt!

Update: Entire interior is stripped. Dash, trim, seats, everything is out. Huge update coming when I can remember to bring the memory card to work.

notslow

clearly it is difficult for me to remember things in the morning. Forget the memory card like all week haha.

here is moar

IMG_1320.jpg

sans gauge cluster
IMG_1321.jpg

after the glove box was removed
IMG_1323.jpg

mirror and tweeters are one of the few easy things to remove on this car
IMG_1324.jpg

removing the door paneling... not so fun. There are 13 screws to remove. Its best to first pop off all the plastic coverings including the one with the audio system branding and the bolt covers along both sides of the door. There is screws hidden behind the door lever, in the arm handle and along the base of the door. Have fun if you ever do this.
IMG_1325.jpg

where did the dash go?
IMG_1340.jpg

Oh, there it is!
IMG_1343.jpg

this storage facility is creepy.

That is all for now folks. Next stop, exhaust!

Gary ST165

wow the momo wheel and horn push look unused.... jeeze does everyone in japan drive with kid gloves?

looks like you have done a very good job in stripping it down. just wish i lived closer.

have you had any luck in sourcing / importing a replacement?

GT4RC

No luck yet, I've been too damn picky. I may just break down and stray from my grey paint requirement....

And for the dash vents, the adjustable one by the glove box seems broken, I'll have a look when I go and set up for pics/packaging of parts before selling stuff and let ya know.

Anyone have advice on shipping this stuff out? especially big stuff like headliners and interior panels....

kingcobb

have you sold the center vents yet? thats all i'm interested in, as one of my vents above my radio has cracked. Let me know! thanks!

GT4RC

alltracst185":1i0zijxb said:
what did you do with the hood?

interested if you still have it!
I do have it, in mint shape save for some chips and lack of lining. Still unsure of how I will approach selling this, and am not ready yet as I don't rightly know how I'm going to package it if it needs shipping....

kingcobb":1i0zijxb said:
have you sold the center vents yet? thats all i'm interested in, as one of my vents above my radio has cracked. Let me know! thanks!
I still have the vents, but I have a request for the hazard button. would you take the vents minus hazard button?
Sal":1i0zijxb said:
Do you have a Knock sensor for sale by any chance? (For a GT-Four RC)
Sorry, I won't be letting go of anything mechanical yet.

When I begin actively parting stuff out, I will be looking for mostly trades, tools first, as I have nothing, and some bolt-on upgrades/electronics.

If anyone has some solid advice on organizing a part-out ssale please pm me, and it will be greatly appreciated :)

alltracst185

GT4RC":2lo45ow5 said:
alltracst185":2lo45ow5 said:
what did you do with the hood?

interested if you still have it!
I do have it, in mint shape save for some chips and lack of lining. Still unsure of how I will approach selling this, and am not ready yet as I don't rightly know how I'm going to package it if it needs shipping....

kingcobb":2lo45ow5 said:
I still have the vents, but I have a request for the hazard button. would you take the vents minus hazard button?
Sal":2lo45ow5 said:
Do you have a Knock sensor for sale by any chance? (For a GT-Four RC)
Sorry, I won't be letting go of anything mechanical yet.

When I begin actively parting stuff out, I will be looking for mostly trades, tools first, as I have nothing, and some bolt-on upgrades/electronics.

If anyone has some solid advice on organizing a part-out ssale please pm me, and it will be greatly appreciated :)
well if you do think you will sell it let me know..i have cash in hand aside for one...thanks!

schweizerceli

Woah Glen (and Glen's Buddy) ... I had no idea you were so thorough in stripping #767.

Very nice work.

Your old RC was in great shape man.

Sal

I was looking through your photobucket albums!
Saw some pictures under "Tires for sale" Anyway, Are you still selling the 225/45/16's? If so, are they for the set of 4? I'm in need of those tires lol.

GT4RC

Sal":1iii31fm said:
I was looking through your photobucket albums!
Saw some pictures under "Tires for sale" Anyway, Are you still selling the 225/45/16's? If so, are they for the set of 4? I'm in need of those tires lol.
At this point in time I'm unsure really, as I now have a set of 16" rims. I'm not a fan of the gravel style oz's though...

Ultimately I'd like a set of cronos' or work emotion cr Kai's, of which niether will be a 16". But who knows how friggin long that may be...

Pm me an offer I guess.