Project Autobot

Autobot

Got in the ATS Cam Gears.
ATSCamGears01.jpg

ATSCamGears02.jpg

Autobot

The cams and cam gears arrived at Canada customs on Jan. 7th, and they took an extra 12 days for me to receive them. The leaking fluid probably caused the delay.

Kcman91gts

12 days for customs , wow , im surprised they didnt raid your house and charge you with unlawful use of transmission fluid .. or maybe a viscous fluid lol ..

Autobot

No kidding. Good thing the fluid didn't affect my parts. Sent them out to the shop today. Work will commence on Monday, hopefully will see my car in 2-3 weeks. Fingers crossed.

Terracar

Okay, so were these latest mods (pistons/cams/cam gears) planned when you were going to get the car back last year? Did/have you driven the car in the last year+? Just curious since it looks like you are upping the anty so to speak to make the wait well worth it (and damn good kudos to you).

I am just curious because I am brain fried at work so I am pretty sure I missed something along the way. Anyways great wotk, can't wait to hear how it feels.

-Terracar

Autobot

I had no plans of putting the cams/cam gears/pistons/rods in last year. Jon told me the cams needed to be replaced last month so I started searching for engine components. Since the engine has been out of the car for so long, I decided that I might as well do the upgrades. I've also consolidated all my loans/mortgage and have extra money to play with, as well I've been putting in lots of overtime at work. It's been nearly 2 years since I bought my car to the shop to simply upgrade my turbo and intercooler. I haven't driven the car since I bought it there mid February 2008. I thought I would do upgrades in stages, but the next step after I get my car out of the shop would be a bigger turbo (I currently have the CT-27) and an EMS.

Autobot

I was contemplating between newer seats or rims. Ended up going with new rims, they were shipped out yesterday. :D

Autobot

Dropped my camera the other day and it no longer works. Stored the rims in the garage for now. Called Jon and he hasn't received the engine parts yet. Hopefully see something back next week.

Autobot

Saw Jon today. The block is complete and will be picked up Monday. Just waiting on the shimless bucket conversion which should be ready next week. Hopefully everything should be ready at the end of this month. In the meantime, picked up an '04 Mini Cooper S for the gf yesterday. :)

Autobot

Still waiting. Got a chance to stop by last week and help Stubble with his All-Trac engine removal. He's just about ready to drop the engine and replace the clutch.

Autobot

Spoke with Jon yesterday. The engine is back from the machine shop and is ready for assembly. He also has a gallon of Toyota black paint to touch up the fenders.

Autobot

Stopped by the shop today. The Trac was taking a bath, getting rid of that shop dust. It is being towed on a flat bed to Jon's paint booth at home to get touched up.