LegacyofDan's 4 ST165s: gruesome guts NSFW :P

LegacyofDan

Yay a few things actually did come in today..not all tho...pics :

SANY0948.jpg

SANY0949.jpg

SANY0956.jpg

Got the fronts finnnnnallllllyyyy done...
SANY0950.jpg

SANY0952.jpg

Got the seats in...
SANY0947.jpg

SANY0946.jpg

what do ya guys think? :)

Kcman91gts

Did you manage to use your existing rails and put them on those seats .. i was wondering if i could do the same for a set of the Ractive ones for my car considering im in need of a new seat bad but dont have the ability to custom fab some brackets ..

its either i get a set of new gts seats or aftermarket..

LegacyofDan

Nah i didn't use the stock rails, i actually just for some steel, used huge table clamp, bent the pieces of steel to fit, cut them out, lined them up, found out that the newer seats are about 1 inch more narrow than the stockies, so put some length on the brackets i made, drilled holes, bolted them, and tah dah!

so in return i didn't use the stock rail, i just used what they gave me, of which is kinda crappy...i'm not too impressed in the least, but like i said before u get wat u pay for i assume...sigh...we will see what they are actually like while driving...

Kcman91gts

Is it possible you think to bolt on your existing rails to an aftermarket seat or would they still require some sort of modification to make them fit ?

LegacyofDan

well the length of the rails were the same length, the way they bolted to the chasis was different and the distance between the rails was smaller on the After market seats...

so no matter you will need to get some sort of fabrication done, if your seats are the same as mine...the rails should bolt prolly onto there, but mine riveted, but i'm sure u can devise a way around that...but like i said fabrication is kinda required...

i can post more side by side pics of the two seats and such, if desired?(not today since i have a few things to do, but once i have the time to take the pics sure :) )

Kcman91gts

Yea sure if you can do that just so i can an idea of the brackets , because the only other thread is a small one with barley any pictures of the detail just the finished product ..

and because im at a point where all the wire mesh in my gts seat is falling apart so im replacing it with another gts seat or aftermarket it all depends on which one i find feels better ,

LegacyofDan

i will get pics of the seats up late saturday :)

and for some other pics! yay lol...

another one of my custom made harnesses and my new gauges/pods
SANY0957.jpg

SANY0958.jpg

got sony xplod's ...new amp and subs...figured sony would be better quality than some cheap ass ebay crap...i'm really starting to hate ebay lol
SANY0959.jpg

SANY0963.jpg

SANY0966.jpg

my new license plate :) and my dog :D
SANY0962.jpg

SANY0969.jpg

SANY0968.jpg

Kcman91gts

Whats the deal with the harness's for the gauges ? can you do a small write up for those because that looks much cleaner than cutting and splicing and all that junk .

LegacyofDan

sure thing, i would love to, but the thing is, u will need to have alot of spare computer power supplies and cooling fans laying around...since thats what i used to make them...and they work great, just plug and play :)

Kcman91gts

Could you use car stero wiring harness type things or maybe purchase some from a stero supply store/computer supply store. if it cant be done it will suck because im still trying to find one of those blocks that you can screw all the accessories into . with the fuses , none of the stores around here sell them .

LegacyofDan

yeah thats what i want too is one of those distribution blocks that gary was talking about in one of the threads, but i couldn't find one so i just made this harness :D ...and thats where i tap my accessory power and ign from is there...and of course just a chassis ground

LegacyofDan

hey sorry kcman...i wasnt able to do the write ups like i said, i endure a pretty large storm Saturday, and today i have been busy doing a number of things, but i will get those the write ups done/started soon :)

Kcman91gts

Ahah dont worry about it , im busy myself trying to get these rear disks from the wrecking yard along with the lumbar support for my seats but when i took the switch out i think i forgot to grab a harness taht goes with it because it wasnt under my center console lol..

i hate trailing arms..

wakkjobb

in your last pic (with the dog) is that an old FCJ-90 in the back? A cab-over Jeep? That's cool!! And hard to find...

"Eyeballs"
Dan

LegacyofDan

haha with the exception of the honda's my father and i seem to have a thing for hard to find/rare cars...then again i think we have a thing for cars in general lol...

1 ford explorer(tranny about to die, my fathers DD)...old school, but my father coverted in a over drive and manuel 4wd rather than electrical
2 honda accord(one dead, one sleeping, dead one is mine)
2 TR3 Trimphs(both not running yet)
1 66 CJ7(or 6, i can never remember which it is, transfer case is tired)
2 "willys jeeps"(thats what my father calls them, both dont run, one dead engine, and the other is just not safe to drive lol)
1 nissan pulsar(my DD, is supposed to b my sis's, but i reclaimed it)
1 toyota alltrac(mine)
2 more jeeps in new mexico bought and paid for but in storage
1 nissan pulsar with the CA18de motor in TN bought and paid

and i think the willys jeeps are FCJ-90 that u r refering to...i would have to ask my father...they are his...

LegacyofDan

oh here is some stupidity for ya all...not A/T related(havnt had ANY time to work on her :( )...the 66 CJ 6/7...is niether of those numbers, its a CJ-5...but atleast i got the date right originally lol

LegacyofDan

since i have big plans for the car 8) ...and i was promised it would fit stock everything, hav increased spool, and have the potential for extreme power/boost when i want release what is capable of(of course when i have the car all built), for now i will be running stock boost...and of which i was also promised that i would not have to worry about hitting my fuel cut every time at WOT...lets just see how these promises work out...

my only fear is that it will spool too fast and my internal waste gate will not be able to drain away enough exhaust gas quick enough and thus cause the turbo to over boost on me...thus fuel cut...thus me pissed...

so right now its more in the experimental stages...turbo arrives 9/11...