My GT-Four A - *stroker being put in*

timmey

June 3rd update:

Still off the road. I've taken my entire dash out and am re-doing some grounds. I found some sensors from the old owner and some very sketchy audio wiring. My car has System 10 speakers, but an non-factory deck, so I checked out where that System 10 box would be under the passenger seat (it's basically a set of crossovers?). It wasn't connected, and the wiring harness going to it is looping back on itself to somehow allow non-factory decks to work. I want to clean this up soon.

Anyhow, I bought a stroker from RWDDragoon!!! :D Please don't hate. -> http://alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=31752

3S-GTE 2.2L MCS Build
3S block, torque plate bored, honed, deglazed, vatted, cleaned, painted red, assembled
5S crank destroked to 3S rod sizes, balanced with rotating assembly, micropolished
King Engine Bearings & Thrust Washers
CP 86.5MM forged stroker pistons, 9.0:1 compression, 020 over bore
Eagle H-Beam Rods
New OEM oil strainer, real seal & rear seal retainer
MCS New OEM Shimmed Oil Pump w/ front main seal
ARP Head studs
Cometic MLS HG
Greddy timing belt
OEM timing belt tensioner
MCS STAGE II Super Flow 3S Head
1mm OS Competition Plus Valves, keepers, locks, bronze guides, TI retainers
Dual valve springs
New HKS 272 camshafts
HKS Cam Gears
1ZZ Shimless buckets
New Toyota lower timing belt cover
New Toyota upper timing belt cover
New Moroso internally baffled oil pan
New Moroso Oil pan stud kit

stroker1.jpg

stroker2.jpg

stroker3.jpg

stroker4.jpg

This will go in this summer hopefully along with my SB46 turbo kit (might be a bit small for this motor, but we'll see), a KU Center Feed manifold, TVIS delete, Air con delete, ABS delete, Power steering delete and the fuel system and ECU, etc I have.

The future looks powerful. :)

Timmey

GT4times2

Looking great!! Another soon to be fast Alltrac/GT4 in North America. That's good news. What are you doing for fuel?

timmey

Sard 800cc side feeds. Enough cc's for the turbo, but again, I'm starting to think the turbo (46-trim KO Racing Street Brawler) is a bit small for a motor of this potential power.

I'll see how it is on this turbo and might consider something like a GT30-GT35 down the road, which would probably mean bigger, top-feed injectors.

Cheers,

Timmey

YerRandO

I wondered who the lucky new owner was, very nice! Thats quite the parts hoard, can't wait to see this project come together. Does this mean no Ogopogo run this year?

darthripley

that's great you bought that motor - it has lots of nice parts on it and should make very nice power.

what are you planning on doing for the intercooler?
staying with the 205 WTA setup?

looking forward to more updates :)

timmey

Thanks everyone!

YerRandO":2xyin9fc said:
I wondered who the lucky new owner was, very nice! Thats quite the parts hoard, can't wait to see this project come together. Does this mean no Ogopogo run this year?

Pretty sure if I am running by then. I really, really want to make it this year.

darthripley":2xyin9fc said:
that's great you bought that motor - it has lots of nice parts on it and should make very nice power.

what are you planning on doing for the intercooler?
staying with the 205 WTA setup?

looking forward to more updates :)

Yeah, I'm kinda wondering this myself, lol. I'm doing some research tonight. I'm not seeing too many builds this big on a TMIC, and am mostly seeing low 400s as a high end of the range it can do.

There is a lot of back and forth going on in my head. One on hand one of my main objectives is quick spool and responsiveness from even a stop (water benefits here), on the other I want to do a fair amount of power. To go with the ST205 I'll need to find an relatively expensive intake manifold, if I go with the front mount I tend to find a lot more side feed manifolds for much cheaper. The ST205 I already have (and spent lots of money on), the FMIC I don't (but I could help fund by selling the ST205).

If I stick with the SB46 for a bit, I think the ST205 can handle it to the top of it's range, which is high 300's, maybe 400 tops. Thats not utilizing this motor much though. Something like Meth injection could help cool things down if the IC becomes a bottleneck, but is kind of a workaround to a bigger issue. Another option is sell the SB46 kit, which was only used by the last guy for 2000 miles, then he upgraded (kind of the same situation here but I never installed it). I might get a decent chunk of change to spend on a GT30+, a side feed mani and a FMIC there..hmm. Won't cover all of that, that's for sure.

Timmey

Terracar

Nice, I too wondered who bought the motor. Glad to see it went to a good home. Well for now I am sure the SB kit will be better than what you are currently running. Hell if it works out just right, you might be upgrading to the GT30 right when I am looking to upgrade my hair dryer. :p

The build looks like it will be solid and fast.

-Terracar

timmey

Thanks Terracar.

I'm thinking I might just get a nice center feed manifold (KU Engineering is probably the only one that will fit a RHD ST185 with TMIC), keep the ST205 and SB46 for a bit, then do a second build when I am tired of the power that makes, or have more money to spend. I'm thinking if I keep adding requirements to the project it will never get done. If I decide to got FMIC and a bigger turbo I can sell the ST205 IC and SB46 and use a FMIC that uses the center feed manifold I'd buy.

It will be sad to see this motor not totally utilized with the ST205/SB46, but it will be nice to be able to easily add power without tweaking motor itself in the future.

Cheers,

Timmey

timmey

On small update:

I am taking more of my dash apart to find grounding problems and clean up some old gauge wires and a hacky audio wiring job. While I was at it I added a neat bezel to my gauge cluster. Looks pretty decent. I might try and find some nice white dial faces like speedhut or something too. The bezel looks good, but now the dials don't!

gaugecluster1.jpg

gaugecluster2.jpg

Timmey

timmey

Finally, my motor arrived in Victoria. I took the day off to receive it and slept through them knocking at the door! Painful.

Now I need to spend the weekend I planned to work on the motor wishing I wasn't so stupid. :( Monday I should have an update. I have some gauges, an oil cooler, SS clutch line, and some ST205 parts on the way out. I am still planning what I'll do for a clutch (Interested in the OS Giken STR currently - viewtopic.php?f=43&t=38723), and an intake manifold. I also need to decide on what will control my boost. Probably the haltech instead of an external one.

Cheers,

Timmey

GT4times2

I love the bezel. Where did you get it? I'd consider getting something similar.

I actually like the factory dial faces. Have you considered just changing the color of the bulbs (also known down here as bulb condoms) instead of the dial faces? Maybe a BMW red or recent Toyota orange, (or Lexus) colors? :shrug: Just a suggestion.

timmey

GT4times2":2hvfmxsi said:
I love the bezel. Where did you get it? I'd consider getting something similar.

I actually like the factory dial faces. Have you considered just changing the color of the bulbs (also known down here as bulb condoms) instead of the dial faces? Maybe a BMW red or recent Toyota orange, (or Lexus) colors? :shrug: Just a suggestion.

I bought the bezel used from edmontonoiler16 on here. Not sure where he got it. Thanks though! The factory dials are growing on me, and I have thought about the bulbs actually. I think I was being lazy when I said I'd go with Speedhut. In hindsight it would look a bit too much/too hokey.

Update:

The motor is here! It looks great and it seemed to have made it unscathed from Alberta. Thanks Ryan/RWDragoon! Now it gets to sit around for a while again, this time in a new province of Canada. I have many more parts and people to aquire before this all comes together.

Cheers!

Timmey

timmey

Update:

Got my intake, wooo! I'll be getting an anodized KU Engineering 80mm throttle body and a KO Racing TVIS spacer pretty soon to complete the intake side. Lastly, my shop will be making me a 3" stainless straight intake when the motor goes in. One problem down.

intake1.jpg

intake2.jpg

Cheers, have a good weekend!

Timmey

TheNubkins

I have those same computer speakers. ;) Well...one doesn't work because my wife plays her music too loud(and we've had them quite a while)...so now we need to buy new ones. Hah. And that intake manifold looks so minty!

timmey

TheNubkins":1penq72j said:
I have those same computer speakers. ;) Well...one doesn't work because my wife plays her music too loud(and we've had them quite a while)...so now we need to buy new ones. Hah. And that intake manifold looks so minty!

Lol. These speakers are total garbage. It's for the best Nubkins. 8) I need to get something decent soon.

Yeah, I am afraid to scratch that intake manifold. :)

Timmey

WarTowels

*Shiny!*

EDIT:

Oh sick, I didn't realize you bought THAT stroker. That's sorta the one I'm modeling mine after.

-Towels

timmey

WarTowels":18hq0t6h said:
*Shiny!*

EDIT:

Oh sick, I didn't realize you bought THAT stroker. That's sorta the one I'm modeling mine after.

-Towels

Yep. THAT stroker :). Poor thing has been sitting out in the rain for a while (covered).

It's sad there is more waiting to do for parts, and money. :(

Timmey

timmey

Update:

I need new parts, and money! Left to get before stroker install:

-Carbon Fibre cooling panel (on the way from the UK right now).
-TVIS spacer (probably KO).
-An OEM valve cover, powdercoated. the one on the stroker is missing baffles.
-Some OEM gaskets.
-New OEM TPS.
-RHD, Non-ABS brake lines for ABS removal (I think I found some!).
-Replacement ST205 IC pump in good condition.'
-See-through cam cover (yes, only for looks).
-Custom stainless brake lines for Nissan Skyline front calipers, and ST205 rear calipers.
-A boost and water temp gauge.
-A few missing parts from my MAC Boost Solenoid.
-A new battery.
-Repair punctured tire.
-Put dash back together.
-Enough money to tow across town,
-Enough money to pay my fab/tuner guy.

Sigh, when will it end! My poor car is sitting rusting.

Timmey