After 5 years, my 3rd gen st165 is done!!!

monkey8oi

Hey guys,

Well after sooo many years of blood, sweat, and tears. My st165 is pretty much done. i have posted as many pictures as i could in my alltrac personal gallery. Hopefully, you guys can see them here's the link: http://alltrac.net/phpBB2/album_personal.php

Here's the list of things that's been done to the car.

-Engine bay is painted
- forged pistons/rods
-exedy clutch
-fidanza flywheel
-3rd gen head/intake manifold
-ct20b turbo
-slotted rotors
-steel braided brake/clutch lines
-tien coilovers
-aluminum radiator
-st205 intercooler
-new radiator fan
-twm shortshifter
-nemesis standalone

That's all i can remember but there are more little things. Pretty much everything on the motor is new except the block including all belts, pumps, gaskets, etc.. There were alot of things that needed to be custom bent, cut, and made to fit but it starts and idles. Next is to go get the exhaust put on and tuned. Just wanted to say thanks to all that helped especially Chris yap. Right on bro for everything. I owe you big time for this one. Toyotafest, here we come!!!!

monkey8oi

BoNkErZz Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:30 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

is that a gen 1 bottom with a gen 3 head????? well done i hope all your hard work is worth it

Yes, it is a built 1st gen bottom with a 3rd gen head. I hope so too but i'll find out after the tuning session.

Phattyduck & LegacyofDan, thanks for helping me out with the pictures. i couldn't figure out how to post them.

Well as for the car, it finally starts and idles but i'm having some grounding issues due to the fact that the battery has been relocated to the trunk so i'm going to put some more grounds to the block and chassis and hope that helps. Other than that, have one more leak to take care of and that should be it. Also, i will have alot of st165 parts going up for sale soon since i had two whole motors in the garage. I will post more on that after i finish everything.

monkey8oi

I haven't had a chance to take too many pics of the whole car yet. As soon as i'm done with the grounds and bleeding the brakes, i'll put the car back on the ground and take some pics.

BoNkErZz

im really interested in how it performs i have heard that the gen 1 block is the closest to the 503e block but i have never seen anyone build one i have been toying with the idea of doing a gen 1 5s stroker block so i was wondering how hard it was to work on and what if any problems you hit??

monkey8oi

i am really interested in how the performance will be for this motor too but i will have to wait till it is tuned to find out. the motor is not too hard to work on while it is out of the car but sourcing the parts is a pain.
good luck with your future project.

monkey8oi

Thanks guys.. it's not quite done yet. still need to figure out why it doesn't start on it's own and why it doesn't stay idling. I've put in a new battery already. My friend says it might be because there are not enough grounds to the motor? not sure but i guess i'll add a couple more grounds from the motor to the chassis and hope that helps. Does anyone know if moving the battery to the trunk might be the cause? thanks for any input.

monkey8oi

Been a while since i've posted so here's an update as to what's been going on.. the alltrac's been running now for over 2 years strong.. haven't had too many issues. It's been street tuned by Kris O over at KOracing. He did a wonderful job, worked over 10hrs resolving issues and street tuning the car. The car's been to a couple toyotafests and to Lake Tahoe a couple times and it's been a blast to drive. So with this car done for the moment, my girlfriend decides that she wants to sell her corolla for a awd car for tahoe so that she can go with her friends and not worry about driving my car up there. So she starts looking for subi's around the $3000 price range only to find out that they all have over 200k in miles.. so she decides to just type in alltrac, and behold another st165 with a freshly rebuilt motor (built by the same guy who did the machine work on my st165 nonetheless) and is selling for $2600 w/ just about 4000 miles on the motor. Come to find out, he's friends with my other alltrac buddy in the area.. After test driving the car, i decide to cash advance the money from my cc and buy the car the very next day. Car is BEAUTIFUL!!! Freshly rebuilt motor w/ forged internals, 50trim ct-26, HKS bov, and eibach springs.. Other than that, this car is stock!!! AWESOME!!! car passes smog no problems, registered n insured!! Looks like i have another baby to play with now.. lol.. Haven't had a chance to take any pics yet but i will... Now the bad news... Last night i snapped the axle on MY alltrac, so now i have to replace both front axles, rotors, and wheel bearings on the car and her car needs new brakes and rotors changed due to wear... I'm still happy about the purchase but it seems like i've just inherited another money pit.. :doh: anyways, after i get things taken care of, i'll post some pics for you guys.. Here's a crappy iphone pic for now

Attachments

• alltracs.JPG
    alltracs.JPG
    875.7 KB · Views: 488

Terracar

Wow congrats. I am confident you will get those small issues resolved quickly. Always nice to see such great follow through.

-Terracar

monkey8oi

thanks guys... just got my axle's .. wheel bearings on order.. hopefully get them back the road soon..

@csalltrac - see you there.. not sure if i'll be bringing the red, blue or both trac's yet.. but i'll be there definitely..