My alltrac

PatmanBBE

Well I just purchased my alltrac in November and I have posted a few things for parts and some info, but I havent introduced her to everyone. Some of you may be familiar with my Alltrac as I purchased it from a member. Here she is when I got her home and washed all the bugs off from the drive home:
frontpassangerside.jpg

And a few more from just the other day:
frontsnarl.jpg

If you notice that the grill is a little tweaked out, it is because a puller fan was mounted in front of the radiator and pulled very hot air from off the turbo and DP and melted the grill! I bought a pusher fan and swapped it, just need a new grill. I decided to wait though as I am researching a head light conversion, I dont really care for the flip up lights and I saw a conversion done on a rally car in a youtube video.

passangersidehoodup.jpg

reardriverside.jpg

Since I got her home I have done a bit of maintenence. Installed all new couplers and clamps on the intake and turbo piping. I rerouted the piping from the intercooler to the throttlebody to avoid going over the manifold, should stay colder this way. I rotated the turbo houseing downward to make shorter, more direct piping to the front mounted intercooler, a noticable difference in the spool up! Flushed out the radiator and heater core and installed a new failsafe thermostat. Installed a new stub axle/cv joint on the drivers side. I removed the accordian tubing on the intake and ran a straight pipe from the turbo to the afm. Cleaned and lubed up the air filter. Replaced the manifold studs, what a pain! Installed a new radio. So here is a pic of the engine bay:
enginebay.jpg

I also installed an electronic boost controller and a turbo timer, both greddy products. I removed two different manual boost controllers from the car, One was a ball bearing/spring type and the other looked like a greddy knock off, not sure why they were both on there. I also upgraded from a 2.5 inch down pipe to a 3 inch and installed a new 3 inch exhaust by motoria, which I am having fitment issues with and have to custom alter the midpipe to fit my crappy xspower downpipe. (Sloppy flange welds) I also have yet to install my blowoff valve, though I finally figured out how I am going to recirculate it and have it be pretty! I also am not sure how to adjust it to the proper setting.

And there it is! Future plans include a new and bigger radiator, Rust control as my rear fenders have chunks missing under the trim peices and are all bubbled up. Much further future plans are to strip it down make some custom widebody fenders add a sweet ass hood scoop and repaint, probably stay with blue but a much lighter color blue. Whitline swaybars, megan coilovers all new bushings, solid engine mounts and differential mounts. Possibly a bigger turbo, T3/T4 or a ct27 from ats. Stand alone ems, though Im not sure which I will go for and upgraded fuel system. I plan to rebuild the head myself eventually and maybe a custom side feed intake and throttlebody. Finally, of course rims and tires to go with my widebody fenders. I hope to get nice and close to 350 wheel horsepower. I could settle for 300+.

This is my first project/tuner car and Its been both fun and frustrating. I am having a blast driving it though!