project st165

sbart83

Just showing a few shots of what i got going. almost done, waiting to put the fuel rail back in with new o-rings, grommets ,etc. this is a parts list of what i've put in her: jdm 1st gen 3sgte

12 lb aluminum flywheel
f1 racing stage 2 carbonized kevlar clutch + PP
new release bearing
toyota flywheel bolts
new oem thermostat
new oem throttle body gasket
no EGR! but, retained EVAP
ngk plug wires
bosch double plats
goodyear gatorback timing belt
new turbo, oil and coolant gaskets
gutted downpipe
oem injector o-rings, insulators, grommets
new oem water pump
glow shift boost gauge...

what do you think my HP is after this?
i'd say maybe stock hp + 10-15

for now
i'll post some more as the progress comes
S6300505.jpg

S6300508.jpg

Rick89GTS

Haven't seen this post until now. What's up with the blue light, working by streetlamp?! j/k LOL

Looks like your wire shroud has disintegrated like mine. I had to use a some plastic wiring loom to wrap all those alternator wires up.
Throw up some pics of your progress and the boost gauge :)

sbart83

no, actually it was dark, i used a flashlight to take the pic. the valva cover and IC are painted blue. it's ok just i should have gone darker on the color, this was a ford blue i think. not much to look at, but yeah i'll post some more pics in a few(during the day). i have a glowshift boost gauge i'll snap a pic of too. yeah my wiring loom is just a mess, i'm surprised it still works... rick, you used like that black convoluted tubing with the ridges in it right? how is it holding up to engine bay heat? i bought some pretty fat shrink tubing i'm gonna try

Rick89GTS

sbart83":1jvhqqj4 said:
....rick, you used like that black convoluted tubing with the ridges in it right? how is it holding up to engine bay heat? i bought some pretty fat shrink tubing i'm gonna try
Funny you should ask, yes, that's the stuff I used. About 3 inches of it near the alternator melted a bit, but the rest of it was OK. I may rewrap it with radiator hose (cheap!) or heat wrap (not).

sbart83

well i got my heat shrink from harbor freight tools here in reno, don't suppose you got one where you live? i paid like 6 bux