Grand Turismo - Aussie ST185 - track day found the weakness

MWP

Yup, not the best weather :(

Im quite happy though... i was out at the Classic Adelaide on Wed & Thurs.
My GT4 had no issues blasting through the hills in the heat :)

redGT4

Hell Yeah! Got the turbo back. All good. Put everything back together, and she cranks, but won't catch and my rad fan is constantly on ( haven't searched the forums for that yet, but i know there's a few posts about it). Pulled the plugs and they're rooted. So new plugs and she should catch. Maybe. Fingers crossed. :D

Then i can wash her, she is so dusty and cobweb covered.

redGT4

ITS ALIVE!

I fucked the afm when i removed it at the start of the year :oops: so a new afm and it turned over and idle like it hadn't been off the road.

Now for a dyno tune.

MWP

Awesome, well done.

Post up the dyno sheet in here when you get it.
Itll be interesting to see.

redGT4

Yeah, i'm interested in just how much power she'll make. Still need to get the zorst done first and with christmas coming, it'll have to wait until Jan.

At least i can back it out the garage and clean it and the garage - both need serious de-spidering :)

redGT4

Yep, damn redbacks, bastards get everywhere.

I was thinking for the zorst a 3" system, flex section straight after the dp, then a hi-flow cat, down into a twin tip oval rear muffler. My old man was a sales manager for Walker/Tenneco , so he knows every exhaust shop in SA and NT. His advice - avoid Exhaust Technology!

Just joined your forum as well Mark. :D

MWP

:)

So where would he recommend?

Ill need to have extractors for a V8 engine in a tight engine bay made up sometime.
Apparently a guy at ET is the only one that makes em in Adelaide?

redGT4

ohhh. i reckon ya gonna have to shop around on that one. i'm only gonna recommend a shop once i have tasted their wares.

redGT4

well. I finally took her off the stands and backed her out the garage. A bit rough and smoky still though. Gave the dust a hose off and went for a spin down the street. First thing: planted the foot in second gear, and shit it went quicker than i remember, not a powerful shove into the seat, it was something more polite, but it was there and made me :D Until: I looked in the rear mirror and saw all the smoke. This was only on boost, not vac or idle, but it was a pretty big plume of blueish smoke. :bangshead: i could be running the wrong oil, can't remember the grade off the top of my head.

The gearbox is still too clunky as well. I need to get that sorted sometime in the future. Found some rims i like. Come in 17 x 7 They're the MR2799 SX7 Motegi rims. Very last rims pictured. Not sure of the brand name, haven't heard of it before.

MWP

Fill the gearbox with Redline MT-90.
Its miracle oil... fixed my slight crunch in 3rd.
Its expensive stuff though, youll need about $180 worth to fill the gearbox.
Itll last the life of the car though.

Was the engine warm when you floored it in 2nd?
I always baby mine until its up to temp (5-10mins of driving).
Not doing to is a quick way to kill rings & turbo bearings.

sleeker162

Corey Darling":1whuytlz said:
$180 worth to fill the gearbox

Ouuuccch.

Must cost a lot to import there.

Costs about $12/L here

Just like Odyssey batteries, $120 there for the pc680 - it's around $300 delivered here :(

I've always run Penrite HPR15 if that helps any.

Will be running Royal Purple on the new motor once it's built though.

redGT4

A touch pricey on the redline oil, but outweighed by the benefits of it no doubt. I haven't check the shifter condition too closely either, so its on the to do list. I had a shop change the oil when i bought it as a precaution, but i don't know what the put in, probably stock shop shit that comes in a 44 gal drum. That redline oil sounds all right.

redGT4

I took her for another spin a few minutes ago, about five or six k'ms around the area. the smoke started a bit thick but then soon thinned out to no more than on any other turbo car I've seen. But it's hard to boost and check the mirror while looking where I'm going, i was double the speed limit in a couple of seconds with a 3rd gear pull. A daytime spin with my mate is in order tomorrow i think. I'll have to check tire pressure as well before i take her out again. And the whine of the turbo before on it was barely audible ,it was that crap, now it's all :lol: :D