Grand Turismo - Aussie ST185 - track day found the weakness

MWP

That sucks.
Cut off the plug and solder?
Itll still work ok.

Im entering a Motorkhana (Monarto) for the first time this Sunday.
Im hoping for rain... getting a GT4 around those hats sharply might be an issue otherwise :doh:

redGT4

MWP":3illoeny said:
That sucks.
Cut off the plug and solder?
Itll still work ok.

So i called up NGK and spoke to one of their engineers about the listing on their website, the plug details etc. The plug was a special order thru autobarn noarlunga, so i took it back there. Chris also called the engineer at NGK, who in the half hour i since i spoke to him had been working on the problem. He said he'll check with the engineers in Japan to cross reference the part numbers and schematics of the 3sgte plugs on all models, world wide, and find one to suit.

Otherwise it's a universal 4 wire exchange and some cuttin' and wirin'. We'll see next week.

As i write this my mate is driving back across the country with a white group A chock full of spares. now thats a fucking road trip :smokes: He called from Wagga Wagga this afternoon, loving the car, and already had an offer on it!

MWP

Oh well, at least they are giving you decent service in finding the correct part.
BTW, your old O2 sensor was 4-wire??
All 165/185s ive seen have been single wire.

Another grpA 185 in Adelaide then? Awesome.
He'll have to join up to CCCSA too... then about 1/2 our members will have GT4's :p

redGT4

yep. 4 wire. No ABS as well. :shrug: I've put the 02 sensor back in, not that it matters i've got no petrol and it's what ~$1.60 a liter at the moment - i'll wait until after the long weekend to fill up.

Took a ride in the group a about 1/2 an hour ago. Very tight, no squeaks or rattles, shifts way better than mine. running 8psi. Has a fucking awesome Sainz signature metal gear knob, silver with a red signature, never seen one like it before.

redGT4

A short cruise today - up to Mt Bold Reservoir and down to the beach.

celica20.jpg

celica19b.jpg

celica6b.jpg

celica-1.jpg

celica17b.jpg

redGT4

MWP":1o15aef9 said:
Did you go down onto Aldinga beach?

Its mucho fun doing 4 wheel slides on the sand :D

Yeah, used to do that all the time as a P plater down on Moana beach. Cops will get you for hoon driving on the sand as well.

Just getting my car ready for the show on saturday, so i am cleaning and detailing anything visible. Somewhere along the line there must have been an explosion in the interior as the carpets are stained with Coke (i think, could be Pepsi :) ) front to back and under the seats ???. Got most of it removed or at least less visible after a few tries at it.

I am a bit annoyed at the cars paintwork though - The swirl marks show up clearly on the metallic red; lots of paint chips need attending to (a few from my gravel road adventures when i first bought it) and the side moldings are peeling. As well as i need to fix the front bumper as seen in the b&w photo above, and the bumper is scraped underneath pretty badly.

redGT4

Added my fire extinguisher last night. I would have preferred it parallel to the passengers seat, but all those lines that run underneath it plus its a little too bulky for there. My tunnel was all clean so some self tappers worked okay. I practiced a couple of times getting to it - like 'oh fuck I'm on fire' , popping the bonnet and runnin around the front. You can never be too careful :D (spray between the cracked bonnet, or down the vents, don't open it up!) .You can see the old stain at the bottom of the footwell. It will not budge. I may eventually rip the carpet out and steam clean it, because i still haven't found molded carpets for '185s.

Went for a cruise down Myponga Reservoir, across the dam and down to Normanville, hit the bakery then the beach, then back again. It is an awesome road. It pretty much covers every corner type on a road with some short straights, blind corners, cliff faces, horizon corners ( you see nothing but the end of the road and sky, like those swimming pools, so you brake a bit earlier and heavier :) ) , hairpins and switchbacks. I might have to come with a name for it - There's a Tail of the Dragon road posted on these forums, something like that.

MWP

Fire extinguisher looks shiny :D
Is it CAMS approved though?
They need to be if your going to participate in any kind of motorsport event.

That is a great drive down that way.
We'll be doing part of it on our next club cruise to Victor in a few weeks time.
Its a pitty there is normally a lot of traffic along there though.
My faves are all in the Clarendon and eastern hills (like Adel Lobethal Rd) areas.

redGT4

Fire extinguisher looks shiny :D
Is it CAMS approved though?
They need to be if your going to participate in any kind of motorsport event.

It does say cams approved in small lettering on the box, i chose it mainly for the shine. I haven't planned on doing motorsport, although if the new dragstrip goes ahead i would consider building a drag car.

My faves are all in the Clarendon and eastern hills (like Adel Lobethal Rd) areas.

Its a pity some of the best roads are gravel around the hills.

MWP

redGT4":o0c74o5d said:
It does say cams approved in small lettering on the box, i chose it mainly for the shine. I haven't planned on doing motorsport, although if the new dragstrip goes ahead i would consider building a drag car.

With the way you were talking about hills roads, it sounded like you enjoy going around corners fast, so i thought you might be interested in Motorkhanas, Hillclimbs, etc.

Its a pity some of the best roads are gravel around the hills.

Why is that a pitty? More fun :evil:

redGT4

Small update really, just been enjoying some turn key reliability and haunting the hills, saving money for round 2.

I have found my exhaust attracts a few wannabes who think they can match celica power. I try to restrain myself :D

MWP

We have another two members with GT4s in the club now.
We'll have to organise a GT4 cruise... we could get 7 GT4s out if everyone comes along :)

GrpAGT4

OI!?! Where was my invite? Didnt want the black 4 showin ya up hmm? LOL. Glad to see her on the road mate. Farkin AWSOME! OOoh and MWP's got new wheels! Where ya get them man?

Ok so my bad, thats not MWP's acr is it? FAIL! :oops:

MWP

I didnt get an invite either! :(

Maybe we should organise a GT4 cruise.
There are 4 of us on here, and i might be able to persuade Kane to come out in his 185 as well.

redGT4

Sorry! My mate Matt turned rocked up and was "lets cruise". Friday afternoon long weekend traffic sucked though. Shit all the way down to sellicks. That was this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DE-B1ilLzE. It wasn't anything special. I would like to do a South rd to yankalilla / hindmarsh valley to victor to goolwa to currancy creek to meadows back via clarendon (the fleurieu peninsula loop) A long drive with a lunch stop. Or any other suggestions, i'm easy. I still haven't put 2000k's on the car since i got it 18 months ago.

Thurs/fridays are good for me and i have 26/27 june off as well.