Project: Beauty from the Beast

shadowlife25

I picked up my first ST165 a couple weeks ago from Henry here on the boards (1BADGT4).

I have some learning yet to do and am feverishly researching the 165, as it seems to have more than a few differences from the ST185, with which I am quite well acquainted. ;)

As of Sunday August 30th, I now have a parts car that seems to have the majority of the parts I will be needing to get this show on the road. (..so to speak)

I will be updating this thread as I progress on my "little" project, and am glad that I am able to share the journey this car will be making as it moves toward being a DD.

That's all for now!

-Mario

97JZA80

Pix pix pix, smart move on the parts car. I think there are a bunch of us who wished we would have done that early on. Keep us updated.

shadowlife25

Tell me about it Mike! :D

RedCelicaTRD: Sorry, unfortunately neither vehicle has a power antenna to speak of. If I come across one at some later date in my wrecking yard excursions, I will be sure to let you know. :)

PS.

Imageshack is being a bit*h right now. Will upload pics soon.

-Mario

wakkjobb

Dang Wayne, how long you been looking for that antenna??

+1 about a parts car so you have a car to physically reference 'what goes where' from. It helps a ton, just ask "Mr. 75 AllTracs", LegoDan :p

Good luck on the build, what is the final goal for the car or will it just be a daily driver?

>>Dan