88 Celica all-trac Turbo project jdm st205 3rd gen 3sgteswap

krogers128

so, i bought this all trac back in july, for 1000. had the 1st gen 3sgte in it, and a fried transmission. 130k, great turbo, pretty clean car, just paint needs to be buffed! i was excited. unfortunately i lose my job 2 weeks later and my "this will be done in one month project" turns into "this might be a little longer" project. so patiently waiting, i found my new motor/tranny/ecu/harness/axles set, a 1998 JDM st205 third gen 3sgte. i have now purchased that and am picking it up from the shop next weekend. once i get my old 3sgte sold, i will have pheonix tuning do me up a wiring harness, then put in a stage 3 6 puck clutch, front/rear main seals, timing belt, oil pan gasket, cam gear seals, plugs/cap/rotor/wires, and brakes. I am hoping to be done January ish. i will keep everyone interested posted! i haven't seen this swap in this car before, if i'm wrong correct me, but i'm very very excited. here's pictures, feel free to take a look at em: http://s487.photobucket.com/albums/rr23 ... g&newest=1

monkey8oi

CONGRATS on the new purchase!!! you love it when it's done.. i just finished my swap a couple years ago.. You've got some work ahead of you.. lol..

monkey8oi

it's pretty much an st205 swap except i used the st165 block instead.. it definitely wasn't an easy swap over n plug n play job.. but it's definitely doable!! your biggest challenge is getting the harness.. other than that, you'll have to source certain sensors or plugs from the st165 to match up with your st205 harness. also, before you put the motor in, change ALL seals!!! you don't wanna put that bad boy in there n find a leak like i did... if you have any other questions, just feel free to ask.

krogers128

update: recently just got everything i believe i need and shold be doing the work/swap in the next two weeks :)

i finally have the harness completely finished! new HKS fine tune Timing belt, HKS type-0 turbo timer, front and rear main seal, cam seals, MINE's ECU :) water pump, clutch masters stage 3 clutch with aluminum flywheel, ngk BKR7E spark plugs, have boost oil press and water temp gauges on the way, and a few other little things that i will replace that wont become an issue later down the road. ill keep posted with progress and send pics up later!