ST185 x2

Cutha

So I picked up my first '90 All-Trac by accident, sort of. I was just looking for a winter beater, paid $2300 for it. It's not in the greatest shape but it's still a blast to drive around. I put some studded winter tires, they make a huge difference on the snow and ice covered roads.

Last weekend we drove to Manitoba, about 1400km one way, to pick up another '90 all-trac, this one not drivable. I thought it would make a great parts car... It was vandalized and had been written off by the provincial insurance company. It only came with one wheel and no steering wheel. I recently learned that it may be possible to actually get the car on the road again even though in Manitoba it is not allowed to be insured, providing of course the car pass's a safety inspection.

If the second car I picked up is worth fixing up, it may make more sense to have one that is drivable and one that is a project car... I have not yet decided.

The car I picked up that has been written off:
IMG_5331.JPG
IMG_5332.JPG
IMG_5333.JPG

UtahSleeper

I say revive it :) Looks like its just missing parts and needing electrical work.

And yes, keep one driveable and up to date on maintenance..........and make the second into a beast!

Cutha

I learned, that in the province of Manitoba, if a car is 1994 or older, if the insurance company takes possession of it, for any reason, they mark it as irreparable. So no matter what, this can can never be put back on the road. It's crap, but there is nothing I can do about it.

I am pretty set on twincharging my car, so I am thinking that I can mock up what I need on the damaged one. It also gives me a block to build up while I still have my other car to drive around in. I expect this project to take the better part of two years, and $20k. We will see if my wife still loves me at the end of this, lol.