maroland's ST165

maroland

Hello everybody! First, please sorry of my strage english i hope you will understand what i like to say.
So there is the 24th hour of my 165 so i have to do someting or it will fall into pieces.
I use the car for 3 years without any problems what makes the car impossible to drive till last month. So I decided to overhaul the rear suspension beacause when the speed exceed 70 km/h the wole car started to wibrate from the rear suspension. I didn't seek so munch the source of vibration just twich the wheels both sides an there were feelable clunck.
Than i explode the rear suspension and diff carrier both of my street and spare car.
I tought till this weekend i have two overhauled suspension leg in my spare car and there is no more just panit it's and ready to use. But i realised it's shorter for ~40mm than the 165 so it's maybe came from a 185 beacuse the spring looks oem. I don't want to change the ride height (and i know 165 and 185 are not interchangeable without insert). The shock absorber legs looks like identical. If they are the same i will buy insert into the 185 (threaded) house and assemble with 165 spign and mount. But if they not the same I have to guess someting with that very soon so if you have any idea please share with me!
HPIM1513.jpg
DSC01221.jpg
After sorting the better parts now they are waiting for sandblasting. :)
20110219030.jpg
I already bought the bearings, seals, poly bushes, panits. Still need to buy inserts or do something with the legs, braided brake hoses and the other little unkonwn thing what will appear later.
The purpose with the car is some light trackday beating and visit meetings. It's not a real daily driver, i've done just 12k kms last year.
I would like to finish this porject arround may beacause i'm just a student and have to be in the college at workdays so i have just the weekend to do this.
Please share with my your opinions, ideas and feel free to say anything! :wink:
I will post recently about the progress and my questions. Go back to dig the forum...

maroland

Just a little progress report:
cleaned parst:
DSCN7395.JPG
then the primer layer
DSCN7415.JPGDSCN7416.JPG
(i know it's not the best environment for painting...but i painted them in the clean garage and it's the drying phase)
Other:
My rear suspension leg problem seems to be solved, because they are came from 165 (by part nr) just overhauled with shorter inserts by somebody. So i just have to buy proper inserts for it.
And i already bought poly bushes instead all of the oem. The're coming from Australia for more than a month, now I'm worrying a bit... :)

maroland

3tcpower":3aeee46f said:
Nice work on the rear. Good luck getting her back on the road.

Is she mostly stock? Just DD duties?
Thaks! :)
Yes, it's still pretty stock. :) And I don't plan too much modifications expect the bushings and brake lines. For first I have to "polish" my driving skills and maybe later, better brakes etc... It's not a dd, I would like to use the car for visit trackdays, meetings... .