Heres the pretty parts...

dsc0065oh.jpg

By alochow at 2011-06-13

dsc0062up.jpg

By alochow at 2011-06-13

dsc0064hd.jpg

By alochow at 2011-06-13

GT4times2

Wow. That's a lot of powdercoating. They did a great job on the PC. I'd opt for less retina shattering colors (black and silver/charcoal). White gets dirty quick. Id' love to see it all come together. Keep up the good work.

l0ch0w

It was a bright kitchen, Im pretty confident it will be tied together in the engine compartement relatively well. Its Almost exactly the same color as toyota super red and super white...

GT4times2

Coming along quite nicely!! I likes... :) You're moving pretty quickly. I just found a Caldina motor online. I'm waiting on answers from the importer. How is the wiring coming along? Still going Pro EFI? Building a harness from scratch may make things easier than what I have to do. I have an AEM already. I'm wondering if getting a universal harness would be simpler in my case? :shrug:

l0ch0w

The universal harness is nice, but you have to figure, the body harness is incorporated into the engine harness. Meaning that if you were to ditch the old harness, you would have some crazy hard wiring to do for the body harness stuff. When you unplug your harness, have you noticed the 3 other plugs that dont plug into the ECU? You would have to create all the wiring for that stuff too otherwise things like your ignition, headlights, AC, alternator, and alot of other things wouldnt work.

This is why I opted to simply rebuild my harness maintaining the body harness stuff, and replace the efi stuff, then repackage it all into a new harness.

l0ch0w

Sold the RC turbo, now i have to save up for the EFR that I want...

Speaking of which, does anyone know where I can get at CT-26 divided flange?
I need one so that I can fab up the twin entry ct26 manifold to the divided t4 flange on the EFR...

l0ch0w

OK so ive budgeted it out the things I still need to finish up my build

Here they are:

-Borg Warner EFR 7670 with twin scroll and internal wastegate
-Custom V-band dump pipe
-Convert stock manifold to T4 twin scroll (this is an idea i dont think anyone has done yet, and its gonna be sweet)
-proEFI pro48 or pro128 (havent decided yet if knock control is worth the extra thousand)
-Finish the custom harness
-Prep and paint my transmission
-Delete the ABS
-Paint the engine bay
-Get a new radiator and hoses
-Get the A2W intercooler components
-Install new wheel bearings and suspension bushings
-Paint the car
-Eat a sandwich
-Get sweet rims

I probably forgot a few things, but for now this is all I can drum up.

l0ch0w

Well it took me long enough, but here are some new pictures and an update of whats going on!

My USSR ghetto-type milspec connectors arrived, they are just what I was looking for!
imag0202p.jpg

By alochow at 2011-07-07

I got more cable, and I also got 100 feet of shielded coax for the stuff that needs shielding!
imag0203w.jpg

By alochow at 2011-07-07

I bought some parts for my custom DP that Josh (MR2Josh) will eventually be fabbing up for me
imag0204i.jpg

By alochow at 2011-07-07

l0ch0w

3tcpower":2cnl5so1 said:
Love the new goodies for the trac. That pump looks really small.

It did seem really small to me, but I have a confession to make... I have giant hands that make everything look small :(

MWP":2cnl5so1 said:
Where did you get the milspec connectors from?

From ebay, they came from Belarus, so they took a while to get here...

l0ch0w

Next week Ill be ordering my J&S interceptor knock computer. Then Ill be saving for my proEFI, then ill be saving for my EFR... So with my budget of $1000 a month I should have everything ready by mid october!

CMS-GT4

l0ch0w":8b378o6q said:
It did seem really small to me, but I have a confession to make... I have giant hands that make everything look small :(

I know for a fact alltracs are much harder to work on when you have big hands. Working behind the intake manifold with these tongues is a distaster.

MWP

BTW... be careful with how you use that "milspec" connector (its not milspec, itll be IP66 or IP67 rated).
Those pins will be rated for less than 5A each which means you wont be able to connect a lot of the normal engine loom wires with it.

l0ch0w

CMS-GT4":s7repubo said:
I know for a fact alltracs are much harder to work on when you have big hands. Working behind the intake manifold with these tongues is a distaster.

I know this as fact too... wouldnt be my first rodeo cowboy...

MWP":s7repubo said:
BTW... be careful with how you use that "milspec" connector (its not milspec, itll be IP66 or IP67 rated).
Those pins will be rated for less than 5A each which means you wont be able to connect a lot of the normal engine loom wires with it.

They are rated at 4A per pin... which ones in particular require a 5A signal?
I had intended this mostly for the pins feeding the ems... and i didnt think that dealt with any high currents...

phattyduck

l0ch0w":4oq9fng0 said:
CMS-GT4":4oq9fng0 said:
MWP":4oq9fng0 said:

They are rated at 4A per pin... which ones in particular require a 5A signal?
I had intended this mostly for the pins feeding the ems... and i didnt think that dealt with any high currents...
Injectors are around 1A each, so that should be generally fine. My concern would be power and ground - make sure you separate the grounds for sensors and high current stuff, and double/triple/quadruple them up as necessary. This is assuming that it only ECU signals going through the connector - watch for lighting and other circuits if you they are going through the connector.

I always thought it would be cool to have a connector like that at the firewall - but I don't plan on taking my engine out often enough to need it. :twisted:

-Charlie