The Gen 3.5 swap

l0ch0w

Mah gauge pods

dsc0075uv.jpg

By alochow at 2011-07-28

and my trashed engine bay... this is getting gutted either tomorrow or next week if I have time... and then repainted, so this is the before picture.

dsc0073ja.jpg

By alochow at 2011-07-28

Also made some progress on my wiring harness since last time cutting and pulling and reorganizing...

dsc0072ba.jpg

By alochow at 2011-07-28

l0ch0w

An update:

I bought some LQ9 coils and a pigtail adaptor for my harness which should be arriving some time next week. After alot of research these coils are significantly better than even the LS2 coil. They have a heat sink on the back side of them, and deliver a stronger spark through a higher rpm range as they were designed for e85 application.

The J&S has finally been ordered, and itll be 3 weeks or so before we get those in.

I am currently focussing some more attention on the car right now as I still have another 6 weeks before I can purchase my EFR... So the engine build is on a bit of a hiatus while I direct some attention to the car itself.

For those interested, I have alot of the parts purchased for the car, but not so much done in terms of installation. Here is the list of stuff Ill be completing in the mean time.

-ABS delete
-Install Fuel pump
-Rebuild Wheel Bearings
-Clean and then install my adjustable Konis
-Clean, then paint my transmission
-Finish Wiring Harness
-Paint the engine bay
-Turn my rear rotors
-And im sure that in the process I will break something with my sausage fingers... I just hope its nothing expensive...

Hotrodhendrix

Ummmmm its past the morning! :pissed:

Its amazing as to how much changes in the world of cars while your not paying any attention. This setup is looking amazing. I :notworthy: to you.

l0ch0w

Heres that engine bay... its not totally cleaned out yet but some progress has been made...

dsc0088rg.jpg

By alochow at 2011-08-20

Also my exhaust came in the mail today... Ignore the fact its on top of my wiring harness :)

dsc0085oh.jpg

By alochow at 2011-08-20

I also thought I would point out that this right here is the only sign of rust on my entire car... and its only superficial, it will sand off...

dsc0097fgd.jpg

By alochow at 2011-08-20

l0ch0w

The oil pressure sender is for my glow shift gauge. It also has an output for the dummy light so I dont have to worry about installing that old pressure switch. I think the gauge was like $60 with all the sensors and stuff. And then the map sensor is an AEM 5 bar pressure sensor. I bought it a really long time ago and I dont remember what I paid for it.

GT4times2

Progress is looking good. Are you going to paint the engine bay? I'd go for it, while the engine's out. It would look great (done right, of course).

Terracar

:shock:

I am not sure what it is about the color scheme on the engine, but I can't stop staring. That is a beautiful engine. I can't wait to see this finished. Top notch work and effort put into this it will pay off.

-Terracar

l0ch0w

GT4times2":3p0xkfhg said:
Progress is looking good. Are you going to paint the engine bay? I'd go for it, while the engine's out. It would look great (done right, of course).

I intend on it... Im debating on whether its worth it or not though to just get some duplicolor rattlecan, or if I should go and order a can of dupont super red II...

GT4times2

l0ch0w":3w33qfoa said:
GT4times2":3w33qfoa said:

I intend on it... Im debating on whether its worth it or not though to just get some duplicolor rattlecan, or if I should go and order a can of dupont super red II...

If I were you, I'd pressure clean/degrease the engine bay, and take my time to do it right. Prep it the right way, and paint over it with the Dupont Super Red. You can always go single stage if you want. But do it once, do it right. Looking good. I'm rooting for ya!! :D

Hotrodhendrix

I did the rattle can style back in the day.
forsale044_640x480.jpg

Cars001_640x480.jpg

I had lots of issues with chipping and scratching easily. Eventually I went with rhino liner. Personally if I could do it over again I would probably paint it correctly but I do like the rhino liner. Glosses up nice with some tire shine and gets alot of good complements. Its sound deadening, heat resistant, chemical resistant, light, scratch and chip resistant.

After doing it I would never go rattle again personally.

CMS-GT4

I did the rhino liner myself, mostly cause I was not sure what color the car would be when painted. Its held up well in most areas.