ATX CS.

CSAlltrac

Received some goods today :)
Installed the fuel system and put plugs and oil in. Just waiting on the fuel filter to A/N adapte. Then it's time to get some E85 and try it again.
ab8ea574.jpg

aea88c5e.jpg

WarTowels

Meant to ask a while ago, but what material did you use to smooth out the engine bay? It looks very shiny and smooth.

-Towels

CSAlltrac

I used self leveling seam sealer. I went this route since the sealer flexes instead of cracking like body filler. Primer, sealer, base and clear.

toayoztan

Did you grind away the old stuff and put this on, or put it on bare metal or the old paint or?

Just curious if this stuff traps moisture, which may lead to rusting in the futre along the seams.

Bryan

CSAlltrac

The horizontal surface (tan) is seam sealer. Self leveling. You can't use the sealer on areas it will run down as it is liquidie out of the tube. The baby blue material is metal glaze over holes that have been welded.

CSAlltrac

So she finally started and ran great. Sounded nice and healthy. Unfortunately my main seals do need to be replaced, they were leaking pretty bad so my little fuel episode took them out. Looking to pull a full weekend at the shop next weekend to get her done. So close though, all in all Im happy it finally started.

what are you using to cut and polish the car with? im using 3m (yellow bottle) with a cotton pad then waxing on top of it. any tips and tricks you can assist me with as im doing the same with mine but having a little bit of trouble with it. there is still lots of hazing with my paint job and it is bugging me.

CSAlltrac

Went down to my tuner today to get her dialed in and she did good. Bad news is we ran out of fuel pump @ 10psi and just under 300HP. So I found out the long way that my pump is a stock unit. It wants to make power though and alot of it so thats good. I made the same power as the last motor with 7psi less boost and still have tons of room once I get the fuel it needs delivered. Also finished up my intake for the car.
bd2fb5f1.jpg

31a62725.jpg

tubasteve

Glade to see it moving again.

10psi? Did i miss something? Seems low to run out. Did they say why? I know you said stock fp....but what afr you wanting at 10 psi, 7:1? Not being a smart a$$i promise.
-jr

ZeroDrift

Nice to see the numbers! Just don't get a Walbro! I've had a number of those fail on me leaving me on the side of the freeway. Look into the Aeromotive pump. Seems to be a much higher quality product from my experience so far!

toayoztan

Looking good there!

Any plans to coat the intake piping black? Would help to tie things together, though I don't think you're TOO concerned with tieing things together with 2-3 colors max!

I bought a walbro, and that was when I thought I was going for only 400hp.

Considering I want 500+hp, I need to change up my fuel pump too.

I'll sell you my walbro if you need it (i've never had issues with them..), discounted of course (brand new still in box - BNIB).

Bryan