ATX CS.

CSAlltrac

Ready to go in other than my transfer case to block support bracket growing legs. Luckily BADNEWS saved the day with a spare. In car pictures coming soon to a computer near you. :smokes:

CSAlltrac

ECU is mounted, most wiring complete, Intercooler hot pipe complete, Cold side is about 75%, Shift cables done, heater hoses, clutch. Still need a number of items purchased, still need to install my XiiiMotorsports Trans line kit and then Ill be ready for fluids for the most part. Also, the XiiiMotorsports East and West engine mounts are epic. Motor used to swing like a 5 year old on the playground, now its solid! Cant wait to drive her again. Im expecting a whole new car.

CSAlltrac

msanders2":3ifwct8x said:
I want to see the finished product already!
That makes two of us my friend. May be longer than expected now as well, had some life issues come up that need addressing first. Car will most likely go on hold for a bit. Till then, here is my current state.

Well hopefully everything is alright, and life doesn't take too long haha.

Car looks great so far. Can't wait for updates. If you ever need a hand let me know, I'm always looking for a reason to get out of lubbock.

GT4times2

Loving the progress and details. Very nice!! Take care of business, the car will be waiting. So will we. (Hope all is well).

CSAlltrac

Thank you for the well wishes friends, I do have some small stuff that will trickle in. Parts that were already ordered and on their way. I may be able to start it up soon, Ill be sure to provide updates when I have them.

CSAlltrac

Update as I said I would, I am now at a complete halt with the car until I order more goods. Things left to do are; fill and bleed clutch, replace all brake lines and replace all fluid, Install new CV grease in front axles and install axles themselves. Fill coolant, Install catch can, Install Tach. adpter, Install new O2 sensor, install AEM boost controller, replace front lower ball joints, fill transmission fluid, fill PS fluid. Then it will finally be time to dial everything in, clear any codes, and address all the tiny things that pop up when first back on the road.
I am extremely pleased with how it started, fired right up with zero isses other than a high idle. Im hoping it will be flawless once I have all the piping and electronics in place. The engine is also 10X more responsive than the Gen2, I can already tell with just the few start ups I have done.

CSAlltrac

Bay is about wrapped up. I need to redo the upper radiator hose to come up with an intake solution, shouldn't be to bad. I also will end up making a bracket for my fuel filter to mount it right on the side of the head, not happy with where it is anymore. I will try to order items whenever possible, everything I need is small bust costly.

CMS-GT4

Beyond sourcing the engine how much more did this swap end up costing for odds and ends? When I did the 205 swap I would had saved money had I bought a clip.

CSAlltrac

CMS-GT4":1708xhzw said:
Beyond sourcing the engine how much more did this swap end up costing for odds and ends? When I did the 205 swap I would had saved money had I bought a clip.
All said and done Ill be under $5K, take the engine/ECU cost from that -$1100. Thats also including things that are not "needed" for a running car as well as some suspension components and transmission service. Gen4 is MUCH more affordable than Gen3, the only downfall are the weaker rods, something easily addressed if goals are more than 300AWHP. I plan to pick up a second Gen4 and perform a hone, forged pistons, rods, and nothing else other than the associated gaskets and clean up. This should gain high(er) boost capabilities and put me in the 350 range. When I say high boost I mean 20lbs or so.
One could do a Gen4 swap for around $2K if the know how is there and some shopping around was done for the engine. This is assuming the subject car has a good trans and engine to get needed mounts, brackets, etc...Ive seen Gen4s for as low as $800