ATX CS.

CSAlltrac

So after rebuilding the turbo and putting it back in and getting the car on the road again I found it smoking still. So i did a compression test and the results are as follows
#1. 160 #2. 40 #3. 155 #4. 160
Im pretty sure I cracked a piston or put a hole in it, either way its bad. I have yet to tear it down to find out but I will post results as soon as I do. This is what I did today, it will be down for a little bit but it will never be out. I will make it to toyotafest with her some year.
Temp1104.jpg

GT4times2

Looking good. What are your plans since the car's down? You know how we, Alltrac'ers start a few week project and turn it into a multi year one... :p Hope to see you make it to Toyotafest!! :)

CSAlltrac

The plan is to get a low mileage motor from japan and clean it up a little bit just to get her back on the road. Then I could start building the one that I just pulled out.
Heres where I am now
Cleaned up the bay, shes ready to go home and sleep
DeadCexy002.jpg

My work bench/area
DeadCexy001.jpg

This is the X bar me and a good buddy made, just finished it too.
DeadCexy005.jpg

DeadCexy004.jpg

My birthday present from my girl, she had this made for me even though shes in itialy this semester. Shes a keeper
DeadCexy006.jpg

GT4times2

I love what your friend and girlfriend made. Would your friend make other Xbars?

And, yes..that's possibly wife(e) material. :notworthy:

Are you staying with the 2nd gen motor?

toayoztan

Your steering rack is clean...wish mine was like that lol.

If you don't mind me asking, who's Jered? Saw it on the windshield...

Bryan

CSAlltrac

toayoztan":usyv61le said:

Bryan
Wheel acid FTW, makes everything you spray it on look brand new
Jered is my brother, he was rundown by a goodyear arizona police officer and the dept. tried to cover it up. Whole thing is a mess, he would have been 21 this past april 5th. I miss him, kid was way cool and we were super close. :shoots: :shoots: Fuc% cops. heres the latest news on it.
http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/in ... -3-31-2011

toayoztan

CSAlltrac":2iiyp52j said:
toayoztan":2iiyp52j said:

Bryan
Jered is my brother, he was rundown by a goodyear arizona police officer and the dept. tried to cover it up. Whole thing is a mess, he would have been 21 this past april 5th. I miss him, kid was way cool and we were super close. :shoots: :shoots: Fuc% cops. heres the latest news on it.

Ah, sorry to see hear about that, it's unfortunate what happened to your brother. I have to agree, I'm not a big fan of cops either. Until I know them personally, i have a stereotypical view that they view themselves as above-the-law (please no one take offense to this, you have nothing to prove, it's the way I feel). Yes, there are good officers out there, but the bad ones ruin it for "everyone" (that's how the world works).

Oh, and more info on this wheel acid? Where to read up on it, or buy it?? The rebuild kit from Toyota for a rack is like 110 bucks...not sure if i wanna do that, leave it alone, or buy a new rack from the auto parts store. I wouldn't mind just putting new dust boots on, cleaning it up, and let it be heh, if I can get it to look pretty clean.

Bryan

CSAlltrac

I detail for work so I get it from my supplier. If you find a company like autocare they will have it. You have to be careful though, it will FUCK some things up.

UtahSleeper

K. Just curious cause I may be trying to buy a 2nd gen for my trac at the end of the summer, depending on the path I decide on.

GT4times2

CSAlltrac":35n3kozi said:
toayoztan":35n3kozi said:

Bryan

WOW!! So sorry to hear about your brother (I read the article). So sad. I understand your feelings towards cops. Hope your family took them to court. Any arrests/charges in the case?

CSAlltrac

So plans have changed. Im not going with a low mileage motor. Rather Im just rebuilding, this way I know what I have and it will be the way I want it. A few updates to progress are, rewrapped wiring harness (looks amazing), sent head, crank, and block to machinist. All the machine work is done $700 later! Head is brand new with all new seals all threads fixed and surfaced. Found a nice surprise in the head, Titanium retainers along with aftermarket valve springs. Pics of all this goodness will be up soon.
The current plan
Weisco pistons W/ eagle rods
ARP main bolts
Toyota oil pump, water pump (Was thinking about aftermarket on these, whats some of your input?)
ATS T-VIS delete
HKS timing belt (while they are still around)
Cometic HG
Berk tech. manifold T3 adapter flange W/ 38mm WG port
AGP Delta 46 Dual ball bearing turbo W/ .55 A/R twin scroll compressor side
AGP 38mm WG
Custom down pipe
WG pipe (venting to atmosphere)
Retune on my AEM Series 2

toayoztan

CSAlltrac":2s1cbw4g said:
Toyota oil pump, water pump (Was thinking about aftermarket on these, whats some of your input?)

The OEM water pump suffices.

ATS T-VIS delete

Phenolic spacer?

HKS timing belt (while they are still around)

Why? I'm not doubting you should get this, I'm just curious what the benefit is (b/c I don't know)?

Bryan

DudeMan

toayoztan":3t0dvhoy said:
CSAlltrac":3t0dvhoy said:

If anything, get a high volume oil pump.

ATS sells one cheaper than Toyota.

toayoztan

DudeMan":e5tyionw said:
toayoztan":e5tyionw said:
CSAlltrac":e5tyionw said:

If anything, get a high volume oil pump.

ATS sells one cheaper than Toyota.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention the Oil pump! Yeah, I agree, go with the ATS one, it's what I bought and plan to use. They modify an OEM pump.

Bryan

CSAlltrac

Yes I plan on getting the ATS spacer. I'm looking at the HKS belt cuz Toyota is not making our belts anymore. At least that's what the local dealer told me. I haven't heard anything bad about the belt.

toayoztan

I never had issues ordering a T belt from 1sttoyotaparts.com a couple months back.

Check with Kris at KORacing, he probably has some in he keeps around.

He also sells the HKS belts if you're still wanting one of those.

Bryan