ATX CS.

Talk about your project car here

Re: ATX CS.

Postby 1993gt » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:19 am

This build is so awesome man, that old pic from Toyota Fest was my facebook banner for about a year. Most, if not all of what you did to the motor was so confusing to me, I have basic aerospace and auto engine skills and it blew my mind apart. Thanks for the awesome read!
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
1993gt

Postby toayoztan » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:07 am

Nice pics man! I need to get my car up and running. I've been away too long now!

Bryan
2017 Pilot Elite
2014 Juke NISMO RS
1994 Supra TT 6spd
1993 Alltrac - http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=37466
1977 Celica GT Liftback
2015 Grom
1977 GL1000
toayoztan
GTFour God

1993 Toyota Celica

Postby CSAlltrac » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:59 pm

Haven't done much to the car lately other than enjoy it every now and then. Been working the new house a lot and finally finished up the garage. Here's a before and after.
ALLTRAC AT FIRST SIGHT
CSAlltrac
Established Member

Postby CMS-GT4 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:27 pm

Looks good. What's the floor done with?
Coldiron
92 st185 (205 swap) | 03 350Z Track (sold) | 13 Pilot | 17 Mazda3
www.noritoy.com | www.coldironworks.com | http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891
CMS-GT4
GTSilver Member

1992 Toyota Celica

Postby CSAlltrac » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:59 pm

CMS-GT4 wrote:Looks good. What's the floor done with?

Contracted Epoxy
ALLTRAC AT FIRST SIGHT
CSAlltrac
Established Member

Postby CSAlltrac » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:01 pm

Been a little busy on the car lately. I'm on the road to becoming a driver instructor for a group here in Austin that hosts track days at the F1 circuit. Finally have the opportunity to put the Celica on track since I was offered a couple track days for volunteering. As much as I wanted to just jump right on track I knew it was a bad idea. So I've been track prepping by doing a Moroso pan, capping the throttle body coolant, and doing an external oil cooler. Got her all wrapped up last night. Just waiting on a pan sensor block off then it's time to add fluid. This setup has doubled my oil capacity. On track vids coming soon.
ALLTRAC AT FIRST SIGHT
CSAlltrac
Established Member

Postby EvanP246 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:14 pm

I could eat off your car man. You should have a ball on the track. Have you upgraded your brakes? I was getting a little fade after 3 very hot laps of my local Bushy Park Circuit with DOT 4 and Porterfield R4S.
EvanP246
Club Member

Postby CSAlltrac » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:10 pm

EvanP246 wrote:I could eat off your car man. You should have a ball on the track. Have you upgraded your brakes? I was getting a little fade after 3 very hot laps of my local Bushy Park Circuit with DOT 4 and Porterfield R4S.

I have upgraded the rotors and pads. Pads are EBC Yellows and Castrol Race fluid. I know that I will get fade since the stock brakes suck ass. The circuit is also known to kill brakes. Its on the list but I just bought a new Tacoma so its a long ways off. Im hoping all else goes well.
ALLTRAC AT FIRST SIGHT
CSAlltrac
Established Member

Postby EvanP246 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:13 pm

Good stuff man. You should be okay with a cool down lap in between. Take some pictures and video footage if you can!
EvanP246
Club Member

Postby CSAlltrac » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:50 pm

EvanP246 wrote:Good stuff man. You should be okay with a cool down lap in between. Take some pictures and video footage if you can!

I have a couple GoPros lined up :P Really would like to do water Meth next.
ALLTRAC AT FIRST SIGHT
CSAlltrac
Established Member

Postby alltracman78 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:57 am

Wow, your car looks really really good man. Kudos to you on all the hard work you've put it. Now I want to go blow the dust off my car and do something to it. :P
I like the black underside of the hood. If I can ever get my car painted I might do that.
alltracman78
GTFour God

Postby Puffy » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:44 am

Looking good mate... car to the garage floor
Puffy
Club Member

Postby CSAlltrac » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:43 am

Puffy wrote:Looking good mate... car to the garage floor

Thank you sir, means a lot coming from you since I always looked up to your build. One week fellas and Circuit of the Americas will be hit by an Alltrac on slicks
ALLTRAC AT FIRST SIGHT
CSAlltrac
Established Member

Postby CSAlltrac » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:59 pm

Well guys, round 3 is coming. I did make it out to the F1 Circuit and got to take part in three sessions on slicks. The car was amazing, I had way to much fun beating up on GT3s, in the corners at least. A Celica on slicks is a serious weapon. Mid way through my third session the car started smoking and I could smell burnt oil. I brought it in since getting the F1 circuit dirty costs big. The engine developed excessive crankcase pressure and had pushed out oil everywhere as well as filled the catch can. Rings are toast, she still got herself home but I was throwing a smoke screen like Batman. There is some good news, first is that I got to abuse her on a F1 Circuit, second is that the newly installed oil cooler kept thing very cool. My water temps never hit 200 even at the end of the sessions.
So now my plan of attack is to build a bottom end. Hot tank the block, refinish it black, new raw freeze plugs. JE pistons with stock bore and 8.5 comp. ratio. Brian Crower Rods, all new bearings, high volume oil pump from ATS, and a new water pump. My head is fairly fresh since I just went through this less than three years ago but I will still get it checked and cleaned. Finally Im going to do a KO Racing kit with a Garrett 3071 with screamer pipe. Im keeping my new goals very modest with reliability in mind. Shooting for 280-300 HP max with a similar TQ number. She will be down for awhile but I will be back on the circuit soon. Photos of my latest progress, Ill update when I have one worth giving, planning on having the motor dropped this weekend. This will be my first time dropping it without a lift so wish me luck.
ALLTRAC AT FIRST SIGHT
CSAlltrac
Established Member

Postby GT4times2 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:31 am

CSAlltrac wrote:Well guys, round 3 is coming. I did make it out to the F1 Circuit and got to take part in three sessions on slicks. The car was amazing, I had way to much fun beating up on GT3s, in the corners at least. A Celica on slicks is a serious weapon. Mid way through my third session the car started smoking and I could smell burnt oil. I brought it in since getting the F1 circuit dirty costs big. The engine developed excessive crankcase pressure and had pushed out oil everywhere as well as filled the catch can. Rings are toast, she still got herself home but I was throwing a smoke screen like Batman. There is some good news, first is that I got to abuse her on a F1 Circuit, second is that the newly installed oil cooler kept thing very cool. My water temps never hit 200 even at the end of the sessions.
So now my plan of attack is to build a bottom end. Hot tank the block, refinish it black, new raw freeze plugs. JE pistons with stock bore and 8.5 comp. ratio. Brian Crower Rods, all new bearings, high volume oil pump from ATS, and a new water pump. My head is fairly fresh since I just went through this less than three years ago but I will still get it checked and cleaned. Finally Im going to do a KO Racing kit with a Garrett 3071 with screamer pipe. Im keeping my new goals very modest with reliability in mind. Shooting for 280-300 HP max with a similar TQ number. She will be down for awhile but I will be back on the circuit soon. Photos of my latest progress, Ill update when I have one worth giving, planning on having the motor dropped this weekend. This will be my first time dropping it without a lift so wish me luck.

Uh oh!! Glad you had fun. I recall you trying to avoid getting into rebuilds. Bug biting again? Lol. Great turbo selection btw. They'll push more than what you want, and have minimal lag. Drove in a Saab 9-3 Viggen with a GT3071R months ago..spooled quick, wheel spin all day (once the car hooked, it was all fun). Traction is not an issue for us though. Wouldn't you be interested in going the CT20 route if you wish to stay at that hp level?
Frantz
12 Toyota Sienna LE
12 Toyota Camry SE
90 ST185 (MRP) Gen4 swap
90 ST185 (Gray)
88 ST165 Gen3-The works
89 ST165 Gen4-on the way
88 St165 (white)- 2020 Project
+ Many other projects, under covers....
GT4times2
Established Member

PreviousNext