ATX CS.

Talk about your project car here

Re: ATX CS.

Postby underscore » Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:47 pm

If you want the high volume oil pump don't order it from ATS, as I recall it's just an OEM 98+ 5SFE pump with the part number ground off and the price inflated. Look up the thread on here to verify which pump to use but it'll save you some money to just order it from Lithia or someplace.
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
★ 1991 GTFour RC ~ "Rebel Scum" ★
It's for sale! http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=52181
Build thread http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=44216
underscore
GTFour God

Postby CSAlltrac » Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:27 pm

CT20B doesn't allow me to punish eardrums with a screamer pipe. It's also not BB. The bug has definitely bitten again, a much more conservative bug this time.
Thanks for the heads up on the pump Underscore. I remember reading somewhere that it was a 5S pump, don't remember where though.
ALLTRAC AT FIRST SIGHT
CSAlltrac
Established Member

Postby GT4times2 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:37 am

CSAlltrac wrote:CT20B doesn't allow me to punish eardrums with a screamer pipe. It's also not BB. The bug has definitely bitten again, a much more conservative bug this time.
Thanks for the heads up on the pump Underscore. I remember reading somewhere that it was a 5S pump, don't remember where though.

I hear ya, loud and clear. Lol. Only a matter of time for the itch to come back. :D

underscore wrote:If you want the high volume oil pump don't order it from ATS, as I recall it's just an OEM 98+ 5SFE pump with the part number ground off and the price inflated. Look up the thread on here to verify which pump to use but it'll save you some money to just order it from Lithia or someplace.

That should be correct as far as I know.
Frantz
12 Toyota Sienna LE
12 Toyota Camry SE
90 ST185 (MRP) Gen4
90 ST185 (Gray) Not sure what gen yet.
88 ST165 Gen3-The works
89 ST165 Gen4-on the way
+ Many other projects, under covers....
GT4times2
Established Member

Postby CSAlltrac » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:43 pm

So I got the tear down all complete. Pretty obvious where the issue was. The ring gaps are a mile wide, actually unusually wide. Makes me think someone was in it before and performed a "rebuild" incorrectly. Smallest gap was .121 :shock:
ALLTRAC AT FIRST SIGHT
CSAlltrac
Established Member

Postby CSAlltrac » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:17 pm

Realized I never posted this. Good buddy threw this together for me. The videos didnt really capture the speed well, its such a huge track it makes me look like Im going so slow. Still happy I got to take part in this and cant wait to get back on track with her.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKSu59RJfcw
ALLTRAC AT FIRST SIGHT
CSAlltrac
Established Member

Postby Lamont » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:15 pm

CSAlltrac wrote:Realized I never posted this. Good buddy threw this together for me. The videos didnt really capture the speed well, its such a huge track it makes me look like Im going so slow. Still happy I got to take part in this and cant wait to get back on track with her.

Is it OK that I cheered every time you passed a supercar? So much WIN 8) :D 8)
90 Celica Alltrac (Project Phoenix)
94 Celica GT V6 (Selene)
My project: http://alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=33578&start=0
Lamont
Club Member

Postby CSAlltrac » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:44 pm

Lamont wrote:
CSAlltrac wrote:Realized I never posted this. Good buddy threw this together for me. The videos didnt really capture the speed well, its such a huge track it makes me look like Im going so slow. Still happy I got to take part in this and cant wait to get back on track with her.

Is it OK that I cheered every time you passed a supercar? So much WIN 8) :D 8)

HaHa. Its OK. Since it was my first event at COTA they had to put me in the novice group. Im far from a novice but the guys out there with me were. It was fun beating up on them in the corners though.
ALLTRAC AT FIRST SIGHT
CSAlltrac
Established Member

Postby Locker » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:28 am

I just read the entire thread. I love your attention to detail as well as your effort to keep an OE feeling. GREAT WORK! I can't wait to follow the build further
90 ST185
Locker
Club Member

Postby celica_gtx » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:02 pm

I swapped the 98 5s oil pump on my motor john. I'll try to dig up the part # again I got it off eBay fairly cheap. Some one had mentioned you need swap gears to make it work but they are identical. It's on my build thread that I haven't touched in awhile now.

Edit****
15100-74030, Oil Pump
transformation has BEGUN!!!
90GT W/ 90 3SGTE/ SOLD
91 ALL-TRAC 215 w 205 swapd
87 Turbo 4runner-DD/ Expedition build
10 Scion Xb-kid hauler
celica_gtx
Club Member

Postby CSAlltrac » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:43 pm

Bit of an update on the car and plans. As always I have changed my plans, I will no longer be messing with Gen2 or Gen3 stuff. Decided to go Gen4. The swap checks off all of the requirements I have for a motor and then some. With the help of Prime MR2 and Doug at WireGap it will be a plug and play swap. Currently going through the new engine I purchased performing general maintenance items. The new plan that has already started are as follows.
Gen4 JDM Engine
Timing Belt, Water Pump, Tensioner, Oil Pump Seals, New Timing Covers, New VC Gasket, Injector Seals, and a general clean up of the unit.
Will be running the stock CT15 paired with a 3"DP from Prime MR2, will control boost via HKS Electronic Boost Controller. 8LBS will be cruising and max will be around 15LBS. This should be good for a little more than what my Gen2 was doing that I was very happy with. Even better it will take away all the issues of the Gen2.
Doug at WireGap is currently building my harness.
Running my Centerforce DFX from my Gen2 since it still had break in chalk on it when I pulled it out. Having the transmission serviced to replace my speedometer drive gear that got munched by the gears. This will restore my stock pulse signal for the Gen4 ECU to read.
Also plan to setup an OBD2 Bluetooth reader and monitor engine vitals from my iPhone with one of many apps available.
Im excited for this new plan of action since the car will gain so many things. Everyone I have spoken with has had nothing but good things to say about their Gen4. I will be sure to post updates when I have them. Hoping to be back on the road by Spring. Heres a few pictures of my slow progress.
So long Gen2. P.S. You suck
Loading up her new heart. ALN JDM is a super honest and good vendor. He had 5 units and let me hand pick the one I wanted, no pressuring as I carefully looked over every one he had.
All items I wont use removed.
The beginning of Re-Assembly. :D
ALLTRAC AT FIRST SIGHT
CSAlltrac
Established Member

Postby Locker » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:15 pm

i see why you suggested the gen4 for me now. :D
I'm excited to see how this build turns out
90 ST185
Locker
Club Member

Postby msanders2 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:41 am

I bought my gen4 through ALN JDM! the motor I received was SUPER clean. And he is very good to deal with. Got mine from him with wiring harness and ecu for $1250 shipped. Would defiantly buy from them again.
msanders2
Club Member

Postby GT4times2 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:47 pm

You made the right move, going 4th Gen! What's not to like? Great choice!!!
Frantz
12 Toyota Sienna LE
12 Toyota Camry SE
90 ST185 (MRP) Gen4
90 ST185 (Gray) Not sure what gen yet.
88 ST165 Gen3-The works
89 ST165 Gen4-on the way
+ Many other projects, under covers....
GT4times2
Established Member

Postby CSAlltrac » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:39 am

GT4times2 wrote:You made the right move, going 4th Gen! What's not to like? Great choice!!!

I have yet to read something I dislike.
Last edited by CSAlltrac on Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ALLTRAC AT FIRST SIGHT
CSAlltrac
Established Member

Postby smog7 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:03 am

Looking forward to the Gen 4 build. How do you go about doing your krinkle finish?
-omar
my car doesn't leak oil, it just marks its territory
rally tarmac 1990 st185
smog7
GTFour God

PreviousNext

Return to My Project