reaching for a high horse power engine

itzfrankie51

heres my plan ... im goin to run wistco forged pistons eagle rods. race bairings 272 cams (does it matter if u use hks? ) i put a fuel cell in cus the gas tank was shot so i put a inline 255 walbro in i no im going to need injectors but 1 i dont know where to find them at a fair price and 2 i dont know how big to go, bigger front mount inter cooler i got a pis racing intake for it and a 90 mm throttle body eventually im going to run nos arp hardware all around.. can u think of anything else im going to need ? i know im going to need a new ecu but not yet atleast

Landon

uh usually a good introduction of your goal for the car is a must to be able to say anything about what you need.. welcome to the forum though man, and i'm sure we all will be looking forward to what you end up building. : )

l0ch0w

A walbro 255 is too small for 500awhp... get an aeromotive 340lph, bosch 044, or go dual walbros.

You cant just up the injector size without getting standalone engine management....
But whichever one you choose, I would reccomend getting ID1000's if you plan on running pump/race gas. Or ID 2000 if you plan on running e85. They have super low pulse width which creates a better resolution for when you build your fuel maps.

A 90mm TB is too big for you right now... The biggest I would even consider would be 80mm, but those are pretty much reserved for the 700+HP builds... I would stick with something in the 70mm range. As for the manifold, i dont know what kind you have, but If its not a side feed then its probably not that great...

Here is a simple breakdown of the major components you will HAVE to get before considering going 400+awhp

A2W intercooler or FMIC: $500-$800
Turbo Kit: $1500-$3000
3" Full Exhaust: $1000-$1500
Cams:$600 (go with GSC's or Kelfords, they are better than HKS and cheaper)
Engine management: $1000-$6000 (if you spend under $1800 most of these EMS's dont have knock control, so its highly reccomended you buy an external knock controller -$600)
Forged Pistons: $600
Forged Rods: $500-$800 (get something better than eagles... they are really only rated to about 600HP which 500awhp is above 600 crank... I redcomend pauters)
Block Work: $300
Injectors:$460-1000
Balancing: $250
Valve Springs $100 (get some engles, they are cheap and they work well)
Gaskets $300 (for a gen 2 get a cometic headgasket, and the full engine gasket kit from toyota)
Harness work: $200-$1500 (depending on whether you do it yourself or have it done elsewhere)
Clutch: $400-$1600 (depening on if you want a dual plate clutch, or just a heavy duty pucked clutch)
Cam Gears: $200-$400
Timing Belt: $180 (get a greddy or HKS belt...)
Tune up parts:$400 (belts, hoses, timing belt tensioner, fluids etc)
Bearings: $200 (seriously, dont buy into the race bearing hype, get youself OEM bearings, they come in more STD sizes, and follow the BGB exactly)
Tools: $1000+ (engine crane, piston ring compressor, ring end gap filer, micrometers, feeler gauges... the list goes on)

So, on the LOW side of things you are looking at around $10k...

High side of things can run up into $20k+

Chances are that you will fall somewhere in the middle of things budget wise. This is because even though i only listed the major things, there are a hundred other small things like gauges, sensors, fab work and much more that can really add up quick.

If you dont think $15k-$20k is in your budget, then either buy a honda, or lower your HP goals a bit...

l0ch0w

Getting up to the 300awhp goal is right about the limit of where things dont get rediculously expensive. All you really would need is a gen 3 EFI, a ct20b or t3t4 turbo kit, and smaller supporting addons (Intercooler upgrade, adjustable cam gears etc)