Gregs 1988 st165, subie and celica content inside!

grichardt

I picked this up a week after I totalled my 2008 350z enthusiast in febuary of this year (2011). Drove it for about a month before I started going to work on it. I bought it from another member on this forum, it needed new struts and better fitting wheels and a torn throttle body coupler. I started my research on parts available, coming from the subaru world, I knew what type of power I wanted and thought I could get out of this car.
1988 Toyota Celica All-trac (st165)
146k miles
Clean and rust free

Mods to date:
Supra ct26
Hallman MBC
Apexi filter
Gutted stock cat (son to be replaced with full 3" I had made)
Full 3" exhaust straight pipe
B&M lowering springs
KYB AGX struts (all of them)
Prosport boost gauge
twosrus FCD
Mishimoto aluminum radiator

Came with 3 sets of wheels.
-Bad fitting rota slipstreams +20 offset :(
-Stockers
-5th gen celica wheels

This has been siting in my garage for 3 months not running due to a crapped out stock ct26...which I probably broke being stupid. So figured it was time to do some upgrading. Bought a FMIC kit but have decided to postpone that for now. Here are the pics....

655ce1e6.jpg

c9d17a44.jpg

After its first wash when I got it.
209043_750236453553_58212018_37127315_3780073_o.jpg

Here is my totaled 350z
c4d5e4ca.jpg

7e082df0.jpg

Was lucky to walk away from this scratch free when a semi truck decided to switch lanes without signalling or checking to see if a car was there. Filled in a ditch and wrecked another car in the process...ughh.

Here is my subie collection
DSCN1240.jpg

DSCN1237.jpg

This was my first fun car, started as a N/A 2.5rs...ended as a swapped impreza outrunning many ss camaros and mustang cobras...oh well, sold it when I bought my 350z...

now the two subies I currently own
IMAG0044.jpg

More alltrac pictures soon when I put the 17x9 rota torques on it!

UtahSleeper

Think I remember that trac. Good score. Aside from the front mount, what are some other upgrades your planning?

And sad what happened to the Z.

grichardt

Not quite sure yet...looking to enjoy the car for now and then we wil see where it takes me. If I want big power I will probably work on one of my subarus just because I know those and am more comfortable with them

ToySlider

Nice ST165 and Subie collection. Sad what happened to the Z and good thing you were not hurt too.

I'm intersted to see how rota torque's fit on the celica. I'm wanting to put an agressive wheel setup on mine, kinda like a tarmac rally setup.

P.S. Where in Indiana are you? I'm just on the other side of the border in Ohio off I-70.

grichardt

I am in evansville, so on the opposite end of indiana.

From what I have read, the 17x9 will fit no problem and be somewhat "flush" but the fronts will have to be rolled a bit. So we will see, I might stick with the newer celica wheels and see if I like it.

grichardt

the lowering springs will make it so the wheels wont turn...i have those too, sitting in the garage. Had to put the 5th gen celica wheels back on because I need longer rear wheel studs.

GT4times2

Looks good, but I strongly doubted these wheels could fit. They're too wide. I think 17x8s (+35) are the max without rubbing on an ST165.

grichardt

They fit, some slight roll and pull will clear the wheels....now, they are not on the car (found home on my wrx) possibly selling the alltrac. I have a child due in january so my project time is becoming more and more limited. LET ME KNOW IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED!

GT4times2

grichardt":1fzf4wss said:
They fit, some slight roll and pull will clear the wheels....now, they are not on the car (found home on my wrx) possibly selling the alltrac. I have a child due in january so my project time is becoming more and more limited. LET ME KNOW IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED!

It sucks that you're already selling! You were on the right path (clean car, with nice wheels and suspension mods to begin with). And Congratulations on the baby due in January!! I have two January boys myself. They're more work than any Alltrac or Subie. :p

It's a clean car. Hope you don't sell, and just park/cover it until you have time to play with it. God luck with whatever you chose to do.

grichardt

Im not hard pressed to sell it. As of now I drive it on the weekends to local car shows and leisure cruises. Its sitting in my garage now, waiting for tires and an alignment. I really like the car and everytime I drive it I want to sell it less and less. We will see. I am looking for $6k and it would be a done deal, any less than that might make me keep it longer :)

SleepingTurbo

please keep this thing. it looks good as hell.

put some 16x8's with about a +28 to about a +32 would fit well. maybe 8.5s if you can find rims in that size offset and pcd, 8's or 8.5's.