1988 Alltrac st165 leaking coolant head gasket?

Arky

Hi, just a word of caution. At the junkyard I unknowingly tried to pry the metal trim off, albeit very very gently. "SNAP",all three clips were broken in the blink of an eye. :bangshead: So if you were to try, do it from the inside. The interior plastic trim has to come off first. Then, unscrew these clips from the inside first to create some give. Wrestle the butyl-whatever that seals the glass and you should have the clips. Remember the ones at the yard are as brittle as the ones in your car. I wonder if a glass shop would have these ? Or if the clips could be custom made, maybe of metal. Anyways my two cents worth, please keep me posted. There are no more fourth generation celicas around me to plunder. I must live through you for now. :lol:

P.S. does look weird and I hate that it does

Arky

Hi, on your rear diff mount, you did not solid fill it with some kind of poly. Kinda wondering if the solid fill would be a good idea ? I have no way of welding nor a friend who'd be able to, thus the question. :D

Anoo21

Dang yeah imma go sometime to the yard to go get some so ill see if i can grab a few more. And for the mount i didnt have a week to solid fill but i know it works just as good. The welding was just fast and easy in my case. I know solid filling is cheap too i might have just done both if i would have thought of it. I am just trying to fix my boost leak :cry: $40 for a stupid rubber piece lol

Anoo21

Just got a part from toyota to fix a boost leak and it was a pain to get on lol. But anyway got it on and am boosting around 9psi but it doesnt pull like i thought it would. I guess you can say it is kinda slow?! Any suggestions because i am sure there is no more boost leaks. Well enjoy the pictures.

PingPong
OLD

2011-09-15_21-29-30_232.jpg

Bad crack
2011-09-15_21-29-07_727.jpg

NEW
2011-09-15_14-38-32_719.jpg

2011-09-15_14-38-20_0.jpg

Next up a cone filter/straight intake and keep the stock intercooler or change to a fmic? Thanks

UtahSleeper

So, I made a post on ctech, but I was thinking maybe it would be good to also clean the TB. Just a thought.

Clad this car is being taken care of.

monkey8oi

FYI.. the clips for the window trim can be purchased at the dealership.. i just replaced mines a couple weeks ago.. same thing happened to mine, just on the passenger side.. three clips were only like a couple bucks total..

Anoo21

3tcpower":29dxur16 said:
So, I made a post on ctech, but I was thinking maybe it would be good to also clean the TB. Just a thought.

Clad this car is being taken care of.
Oo yeah true how specifically would you do it? Yeah of course I love this car glad I grabbed it up for $1000 it was worth it.

monkey8oi":29dxur16 said:
FYI.. the clips for the window trim can be purchased at the dealership.. i just replaced mines a couple weeks ago.. same thing happened to mine, just on the passenger side.. three clips were only like a couple bucks total..
Would you happen tknow the part numbers? I would love to get some new ones :)

88gt4DE

Check your fuel pressure and fuel filter. If the iside of the fuel tank was or is rotted like mine then you could have a partially clogged fuel system. Mine would boost and go nowhere ... I'd start looking there :shoots:

UtahSleeper

The common way to clean the inside is tape off one side, pour a solvent in it (like gas, kerosene, etc) and slosh it around.

Anoo21

88gt4DE":3ktm8jmg said:
Check your fuel pressure and fuel filter. If the iside of the fuel tank was or is rotted like mine then you could have a partially clogged fuel system. Mine would boost and go nowhere ... I'd start looking there :shoots:

So you changed and looked at the fuel system and that was your problem? The guy i bought it from says the clutch is slipping under boost but i dont think so cause it still grabs pretty good? Ill check into that.

3tcpower":3ktm8jmg said:
The common way to clean the inside is tape off one side, pour a solvent in it (like gas, kerosene, etc) and slosh it around.

Hmm the intercooler system seemed pretty clean. i think it might be just a lot of different variables coming together.

Arky

Hi Anoo21, I was just at the stealership. The part number for the clips are 62767-20020, the front two (white). And 62765-20040 the one in the rear(grey). It cost me about $4 per piece. Look it up under the rear glass instead of rear body trim pieces. :D

Anoo21

Arky":33qd1es1 said:
Hi Anoo21, I was just at the stealership. The part number for the clips are 62767-20020, the front two (white). And 62765-20040 the one in the rear(grey). It cost me about $4 per piece. Look it up under the rear glass instead of rear body trim pieces. :D
Thanks man ill look those up my car is gonna look so much better and to put them on is it easy?

Anoo21

So things have halted working on the alltrac because i got rearended last night in my integra. So i gotta get those things worked out before i can do anything plus the guy didnt have valid insurance. Pictures are below.

2011-09-18_20-34-38_62.jpg

2011-09-18_21-11-01_570.jpg

2011-09-18_21-10-41_947.jpg

PingPong

Anoo21

alltracst185":3rkgcvgh said:
Totaled for sure, take the money he gives you and invest it into the all-trac :D
What im thinking but just gotta take legal action because he seems a little ify. :x Depends how much i get but my alltrac is my weekend car so i would have to get another daily car and then the rest into the good ol alltrac :D

Anoo21

3tcpower":5mvruxc1 said:
That sucks the balls man!

Hope it gets fixed quickly, or replaced.

Yeah man and it will surely get totaled or parted out then the money for another DD plus money into the Alltrac. Just gotta get there it sucks so much.

Arky

Hi Anoo21, hope that you are alright. I posted the part numbers, right after I placed the order. So I have not received the clips yet. Does not look like it gonna be easy. May have to get a glass company to install them because no idea about the glass sealant. Neither on how to remove the glass nor where to get the proper sealant. Might have to start googling glass removal & install. :shrug: :D

Anoo21

Arky":2e55fzn0 said:
Hi Anoo21, hope that you are alright. I posted the part numbers, right after I placed the order. So I have not received the clips yet. Does not look like it gonna be easy. May have to get a glass company to install them because no idea about the glass sealant. Neither on how to remove the glass nor where to get the proper sealant. Might have to start googling glass removal & install. :shrug: :D
Yeah just my neck hurts like a B!t$h and well i might get going on those clips just that i dont want to try to put them on then have to by more haha Thanks man