1988 Alltrac st165 leaking coolant head gasket?

Anoo21

Been a long time since I have posted anything. Been driving my daily a little more often, but thinking my radiator is going out and leaking. It is a green gold color on the top and I do not know if I just have a bad radiator or a head gasket leak. I have to fill up coolant ever once in a while any thoughts? Other then that still been contemplating getting a 3rd gen 3sgte from a st205 and swap it. Thanks in advance.

88gt4DE

Hey man ! Glad to see yer still up and running. If its the OEM radiator the green flunk thing up top is common on the old steel radiators. Toyotas in general , not just alltracs ... dump that shit for an alum one. They are cheap as hell now ... ;)

Anoo21

88gt4DE":2yclrk9t said:
Hey man ! Glad to see yer still up and running. If its the OEM radiator the green flunk thing up to is common on the ols steel radiators. Toyotas in general , not just alltracs ... dump that shit for a alum one. They are cheap as hell now ... ;)
Hey man thanks I was thinking that. Might need a low pro fan though. By the end of all this extra stuff I might be ready for a new swap lol or rebuild.

88gt4DE

Whew ! Long time no talk to ... I have moved and the holidays ... good lord busy ! I'm running the factory fan with the alum radiator. I had to drill and odd hole in the fan housing since the bottom was like and inch off but both top line up and fit well ... hope all is well !

Anoo21

88gt4DE":3l1myklq said:
Whew ! Long time no talk to ... I have moved and the holidays ... good lord busy ! I'm running the factory fan with the alum radiator. I had to drill and odd hole in the fan housing since the bottom was like and inch off but both top line up and fit well ... hope all is well !
Hey it has been a while. What brand did you get on the radiator? That will be my next big thing besides the body work on the car

Anoo21

88gt4DE":28x6v8fa said:
Hmmmm ... ebay special. I know its not an ASI ... but its prol a relative of that style ...
I will have to do that but I might go with a low pro fan. Thanks. Your alltrac is the spitting image of what I want mine to be and look like.

88gt4DE

Anoo21":332r6kls said:
88gt4DE":332r6kls said:
Hmmmm ... ebay special. I know its not an ASI ... but its prol a relative of that style ...
I will have to do that but I might go with a low pro fan. Thanks. Your alltrac is the spitting image of what I want mine to be and look like.

Thanks ... still a long way to go ... I'm actually gonna get to do my leather seats this year ! Shes all tucked away inside the garage now. Amazing how much cleaner it stays in there :wink:

Anoo21

88gt4DE":3jqx8hra said:
Anoo21":3jqx8hra said:
88gt4DE":3jqx8hra said:

Thanks ... still a long way to go ... I'm actually gonna get to do my leather seats this year ! Shes all tucked away inside the garage now. Amazing how much cleaner it stays in there :wink:

Mines cloth shop I'm OK with that but I really want my body work done and a fresh paint job