ST205 Rebirth

Insanity-74

Where to start this story!!!! (condensed version)

A few months ago my current GT4 struggled to pass its yearly road worthiness test (MOT in the UK) It had suffered from alot of rust, the sills needed replacing, there was rust on the A & C pillars, the bottoms of the doors are almost gone etc etc. To cut a long story short, its going to be easier and probably cheaper to just replace the entire shell if I could find a rust free one going for a reasonable price. Shouldn't be too hard as ST205s are going for next to nothing now...£3000 will buy you a nice one, £1500 will buy you an abused one that needs work.

After a brief period of searching I found a shell going for a reasonable price. I say shell, it was more or less a complete car minus the engine. Armed with a car transporter I set off to go and look.

This is what I found

DSC00140.jpg
(Ok this is in my garage but you get the idea)

missing a few parts, engine, front wing and front/rear bumpers....no issue as I have those already. Let the hard work begin.

An insection once I got home revealed a shell in good shape

DSC00020.jpg

even the carpets were good.

DSC00026.jpg

After a couple of weeks of stripping the car down. I only have about an hour a day to work on the car so its going to be a very long project I think.

Pesky sound deadening removed (7kg of it). What a long task, not bad, but it just takes a while chipping away with a cold chisel and hammer.

Photo0019.jpg

Photo0025.jpg

All of the glass will be coming out, windscreen removed already, the rest will be removed when I get time.

Tank removed

Photo0032.jpg

its heavy...didnt realise it still had 20litres of fuel in it.

Outside getting a wash down.

Photo0039.jpg

Photo0042.jpg

Photo0009.jpg

Battery tray removed

Photo0044.jpg

Photo0055.jpg

I will be fitting this there

2011-10-29093735.jpg

I will try to remember to update here when I make any progress.

A roll cage will be fitted soon, just a few odds n sods to work out, in the process of making a rotisserie so I can get the bottom of the car sorted out.