88' Celica Alltrac refresh

88gt4DE

Curry":kxb1hjk2 said:
88gt4DE":kxb1hjk2 said:
There ya are !!! 8) I've been away doing crap too. Half of its posted ... other half to come next week :wink: Were did ya get yer shifter boot ? My OEM one looks like crap already. Did you see them with black stitching ?

I shall check your thread out. The boot was from ebay, at first I couldn't get it on the metal ring but I pulled the ends to stretch it a bit and it fit nice and snug. I didn't see any with the black stitching but I didn't look really cause I wanted one to match the nardi wheel I was looking at.

heres the link: http://stores.ebay.com/AutumWish/Shift- ... 34.c0.m322

Yea my OEM one was all sticky and weird.

Now I just need one of these: :twisted:

IMG_8880.jpg

OMG ... :lol: yeah who needs a short shifter !!! Looks like its in a old old toyota too ... looks close to my 81 celica but I know its not cause of those dash vents ...

Curry

haha.

Started cleaning up the engine bay last week. I'm sitting here trying to figure out what else I can remove. I did the cruise control and started the egr delete. My friend is making the block off plates for me.

I'm debating on removing the evap cansiter...

I re-routed the throttle cable so its not in the way anymore.

I'm also thinking about getting rid of the AC since its leaking and doesn't work anyway but i dunno yet...

I think theres a couple of stock intercooler related bits I need to remove like random hoses and brackets but ill be doing that tomorrow.

Curry

Yea so I havent touched the car since my last post. LOL.

Battery was dead, we jumped it and drove it to the gym last night and shes good now. I started installing the blitz EBC, cleaned out all the junk that was accumulating in the car and vacuumed the carpet.

I'm trying to find some freaking floor mats for the damn thing, would mats from a corolla or something fit?

My friend linked me to a few parts on craigslist, mainly the head which is really what this car needs. Once we get that, we're gonna drop the motor and pull it apart and put it right back together with fresh parts.

NYS inspection due this month but everything's good. Headlights work, blinkers have blinker fluid and brake pads are still new. Tires are brand new too...

OH and im not sure if you guys know or not. I had no intention of spending 200+ on a window switch. Found out the supra ones fit perfectly fine and they are around 30 bucks!@

The only minor thing is the buttons dont fill out the holes correctly but other than that its an EXACT fit screw holes and all. Now I had my old switch but I did not want to swap the switch covers before I broke something. =P

Lights work too!@!

IMAG01001_zps0e2b659c.jpg

IMAG00991_zpsa4b6b42c.jpg

entrax

88gt4DE":by14o9r8 said:
That's good info there since all ours break off that little tab on top ... 8)

If it does, I don't know if it helps anyone, here's a little fix/bandaid fix.

The driver's side has a auto-down option, now if you try to hit the other side of that button, it doesn't move at all. all you have to do is open it up, break a little tab that's preventing that button from being pressed, and you'll have another button for up, instead of using that little tab. Also as a bonus, you'll have an auto-up option now too!

Curry

That's a neat trick. Always good to know. When I took my original switch apart to fix it I couldn't put it back together. LOL

I haven't done anything else to this car since then. Its been parked up while I was sorting out my insurance issue and now its up for sale or i'll be trading it to my friend. :cry:

Great car and wish I could keep and build it but I can't.

Curry

Wish I didn't have to! Had lots of plans for it, but its now in the hands of my good friend so its not going to far. My insurance rate wasn't getting any better and I can't see shelling out over 200$ a month for a car I drive twice a month.

Curry

Yep! imagine that. I got denied for classic insurance by 3 companies for bullshit reasons.

So my new project is a 1983 Cressida, Turbo, what turbo? :wink: . 80 bucks a month.

Curry

88gt4DE":3m610rvz said:
Good luck with it man .... Seen that one done a few times. Should be fun and faster !

Thanks! Yea its coming along well. The motor is already done and its running at around 8psi. I'm now working on the cosmetic things and the shifter bushing are disintegrated.

The original interior is brown but it was so damaged we redid the trims with brown crushed velvet. It looks amazing in person, its more reddish burgundy in the pics.

the upper portion was from a new door panel without the leather option and the bottom was the part we reupholstered.

1186197_597208754712_292057046_n.jpg