A New Beginning...

Tecker185

I will never understand why he parted the car in the first place. When you get it finished I will have to drive out and see it. What are you plans for this car?

FWD-3SGTE

No official plans yet, nothing set in stone anyway. In a nut shell, I want a 300hp car again like my 184 but maybe with a supercharger instead of turbo and I want it to be able to pass emissions anytime it's due, easily. Other than that, some chassis stiffening mods, wheels, suspension, front lip and mud flaps? I'd like to keep it more subtle than my 184 but still super rad 8)

What about a 2GR-FE? Is it even a bolt on motor to the E154F trans?

UtahSleeper

Unless you have AWD test facilities there for smog, I would imagine a beefed 3s would pass there just fine. Although a SC'ed motor would be bad ass!

FWD-3SGTE

Dang tecker, I will have to look into it more, maybe some tweaking can be done :shrug:

I had issued getting my 3s to pass emissions, one of the reasons why I'm looking forward to a different swap. I did have an aftermarket ECU and junk but it was still trouble.

UtahSleeper

Ah. Well, if looking for something different, completely understood.

The reason I said anything is cause here there are not many, if any, inspection shops with an awd sniffer, so to check the emissions it was just with revving the engine. No boost makes for easy emission tests lol.

Tecker185

the 2grfe is the end game plan for my alltrac. In the process of buying my first home so its in the research phase.

My plan is 2grfe turbo, they make 280 to the tire in mr2's. So i figure should put down some impressive numbers at 10 psi. '

If you do choose to swap the 2grfe please document everything to do with making the trans work.

pipes

Tecker184":2fphlvjv said:
I will never understand why he parted the car in the first place. When you get it finished I will have to drive out and see it. What are you plans for this car?

i parted because i couldnt get it sold whole... Made more parting it.anyways.... Reason for selling i wanted a newer car to play with and build

CSAlltrac

Subscribed, I too cant wait to see the finished product and the journey there. Looks amazing and very thorough so far, if its anything like your 184 it will be a hell of a nice machine. I like the engine ideas, different.

FWD-3SGTE

Thanks a lot CSA, I hope to keep all of you entertained :)

On a side note, Pipes came by today and took the rest of his parts, the front wheels are now off and I can finish disassembling the front end. Then, I can get the frame on some sort of dollys, roll it outside and power wash the heck out of the engine bay!

Stay tuned!!

MWP

Tecker184":36xfyxmq said:
If you do choose to swap the 2grfe please document everything to do with making the trans work.

This is the big question.
Ive heard that the transfer case fouls on the block.

There is the option of using a RAV4 transfer case, but then strength might be an issue.

FWD-3SGTE

Oh boy, I apologize that I have nothing to show for the last 7 months, haha. At the time of my last post, I busted up the head in my other car and so the two toys sat in the garage lonely for the cold season. I actually just finished buttoning up the green car and soon plan to start cleaning the new toy. In a few weeks I can get the green car re-tuned.

In the mean time, I just need to figure out what to do with / how to sell the green car so I can afford parts for the 205 :shrug:

As far as a different motor swap, I'm most likely going to stick with a 4cyl motor, probably the setup from the green car and just use a 205 transmission.