ST185 CS restoration and full rebuild

brutekiller787

Ebaying or forum hunting will find you what you need. I'm just saying they are easier for front mounts which I'm sure you won't deny

GT4times2

aus jd 2703":26i92dy8 said:
brutekiller787":26i92dy8 said:
Another wise member finds the benefits of a side feed. I think its stupid that people run front mounts with center feed when side feeds are so easy to come by

find me a caldina manifold then?
not as common as the gen 2 sidefeeds

You can always build your own side feed set up. Problem solved

deecee

aus jd 2703":cxdmmmkn said:
brutekiller787":cxdmmmkn said:
Another wise member finds the benefits of a side feed. I think its stupid that people run front mounts with center feed when side feeds are so easy to come by

find me a caldina manifold then?
not as common as the gen 2 sidefeeds
Approx $300NZ for manifold and tb on Trademe when they come up.. you could have just asked your neighbours
If you are serious I can chase one local for you. I don't believe he sold the setup

CSAlltrac

Meurz, beautiful as usual. I love the build plan, simple, responsive, and reliable. That game plan will have amazing results. Keep the pics coming! On the side feed topic, it is a better design for front mounts but center feeds work. My center feed has worked for years, high HP and low HP. For some, like me, its just not worth the trouble of changing out manifolds, changing IC piping design, and then a retune. Cuz to fully optimize the benefits of the side feed a proper tune for it should be implemented. It's a ton of hassle for not much gain.

Punknoodle

^^ Unless you implement it in to the design stage, in which case you get a much better looking engine bay from not needing an intercooler pipe running on top of your engine, and it doesn't require reworking anything as everything is made to fit that manifold. That's the way I'm going to go.

Meurz

CSAlltrac":2s1r79zk said:
Meurz, beautiful as usual. I love the build plan, simple, responsive, and reliable. That game plan will have amazing results. Keep the pics coming! On the side feed topic, it is a better design for front mounts but center feeds work. My center feed has worked for years, high HP and low HP. For some, like me, its just not worth the trouble of changing out manifolds, changing IC piping design, and then a retune. Cuz to fully optimize the benefits of the side feed a proper tune for it should be implemented. It's a ton of hassle for not much gain.
Thanks man. Center feed sure works, but since I started from scratch (sold the old engine) I went for this (specially because I went gen3 as well).