FC Zach's AllTrac

Roreri

Nice! I’m curious what your impressions are of that lightweight flywheel. Maybe one day I might get around to something like that.

FC Zach

Roreri":wyht93dc said:
Nice! I’m curious what your impressions are of that lightweight flywheel.

I'm curious too! I suspect that it'll be subtle, if noticeable at all. My biggest question, is how will I like the clutch. . I had an Exedy three puck installed that had a very comfortable pedal feel, that clutch replaced a solid disc Exedy that was tough to press. I don't know exactly what model that was since it was installed by the previous owner, this one that I just installed is an OE replacement type (if there are multiple single disc options).

Roreri

I have NO idea whether the clutch was upgraded on mine. I can see that there’s some overspilled and squeezed out red gasket on the gearbox, which might suggest it was gotten into at some point, and the pedal requires some force to get to the floor, but that tells me nothing certain. And I sure ain’t gonna spring the dollars or effort to go poking around when it works.

I await your report!

FC Zach

Roreri":jzcvcif8 said:
I can see that there’s some overspilled and squeezed out red gasket on the gearbox, which might suggest it was gotten into at some point
That's what Toyota used to assemble these from the factory (red sealant).

Roreri

That tips the scales for my suspicions—I was pretty ambivalent. Awaiting your driver’s review of that flywheel!

alltracman78

FC Zach":2rb5995l said:
Deleted the TVIS with KOracing's spacer

Too bad you couldn't find a way to get that diaphragm replaced. On a stock engine the TVIS makes a difference down low.

I guess you won't really notice if it wasn't working to begin with. :p

FC Zach":2rb5995l said:
Roreri":2rb5995l said:
Nice! I’m curious what your impressions are of that lightweight flywheel.

I'm curious too! I suspect that it'll be subtle, if noticeable at all.

You won't notice much driving. It will easily rev quicker in N though.

Looking good. :)

I'm pretty jealous, I need to do my cluch before I can really drive mine again.

And with the way gas is going I need something with better mileage than my trucks....

FC Zach

alltracman78":2goywf5e said:
I guess you won't really notice if it wasn't working to begin with. :p
Nope but it would be nice to go head-to-head with another 185 that has a functioning system to see if it's worth keeping or having repaired

You won't notice much driving. It will easily rev quicker in N though.
I don't expect to notice anything outside of take-off and between shifts.

Looking good. :)

I'm pretty jealous, I need to do my cluch before I can really drive mine again.

And with the way gas is going I need something with better mileage than my trucks....
Thank you!

No kidding! My daily is a 3.7Litre MDX. . . A 21 gal tank of premium ain't cheap!

FC Zach

Roreri":981u6wzy said:
Awaiting your driver’s review of that flywheel!

Overall opinion: It's Great, I'm happy with the purchase! It is slightly more sensitive when taking off but that's to be expected when removing mass from a flywheel, definitely not as bad as an aluminum version.

FC Zach

Something that has always bugged be about my engine bay is my power steering pressure hose in the right rear corner (my car is LHD) has never been secured as it should, as if the hose was too short or the steel line was tweaked. My engine is a gen2 JDM replacement and I've never suspected this to be an issue but Fri night I decided to look into it, unfortunately after I had already installed the engine :(

I measured my JDM and an extra USDM version I have and found that they are indeed different! The RHD hose was 3 inches shorter!

This may not matter to the majority of you but keep it in your back pocket for the future if you were to ever buy a JDM swap (for a LHD). . . Obviously, it will work but because it's shorter, the steel line will not secure to the body as it should.

FC Zach

The Celica sold today. I have no mixed feelings because I've had my fun with it, now it's time for someone else to enjoy. It's going to a good home, to another enthusiast who has an older version (ST165), I look forward to see what becomes of it. I'll lurk on occasion but till then, it's been nice!

52351739505_5e870a46b3_z.jpg

52350364547_600dfebe47_z.jpg

Roreri

Sweet! I looked through the thread and saw that they were the 17s to clear your Willwood brake setup. I am eyeballing a set of 16s for the Lorelei. The RPF1s are lighter but it seems like everyone rolls those...and I'm looking to upgrade from the OZ Crono and ditch some weight. They look sharp AF.

FC Zach

205 brakes is what I have. May fit others but can not confirm that.

Edit: "had" I'll have to get used to that :D