FC Zach's AllTrac

alltrac801

Love the car! Where did you order that subframe/diff kit from? I see it's from BRD I just wasn't sure if you ordered it directly from them or not.

FC Zach

After many weeks of patiently waiting, the wheels that I really hoped fit, have finally arrived!

They are the Enkei PF05. . I've always been a fan of five spokes so when I saw these I just had to have them.
46540126945_8fdc2324d9_c.jpg

The concern was whether or not this spoke design, in this size (17x8 38ET), would clear the 205 calipers. The spoke contour differs between sizes. Also, Enkei doesn't release wheel drawings so this was going to be a trial and error type deal. . During the wait, I had plenty of time to think on it and decided it would be foolish to build a car around brakes and pass up on some nice wheels so I was prepared to either reinstall the OE front brakes or go another route like the Revolution kit (which I just found out exists and had I have known of them in the first place, I would have gone that route instead of with the 205s), which I may still do but I need to think on that some more. . Either way, my current setup works and I couldn't be happier :)
40478521233_b6912495c3_c.jpg

Magroo

Zach ive been doing a lot of brake research lately and will be posting something soonish. So hold off on buying anything for now. Plus your st205 calipers are pretty good.

FC Zach

underscore":267eowqz said:
Those look awesome!
Thank you

Magroo":267eowqz said:
Zach ive been doing a lot of brake research lately and will be posting something soonish. So hold off on buying anything for now. Plus your st205 calipers are pretty good.
Awesome, I look forward to your results!

msanders2

Can’t wait to see what they look like with tires and on the ground. I’ve been looking at these wheels, and gram light 57cr too. I have Enkei RPF1’s in 17x9 +35 and they will not clear the revolution Wilwood brake kit.

FC Zach

msanders2":3cbws17j said:
Can’t wait to see what they look like with tires and on the ground. I’ve been looking at these wheels, and gram light 57cr too. I have Enkei RPF1’s in 17x9 +35 and they will not clear the revolution Wilwood brake kit.
I have a set of tires on the way, I'll get them on and share pics this week.

FC Zach

Thanks guys!

I ended up going with a more common 215/45-17 width tire as opposed to the 235/40-17 I was originally considering, mostly because of variety. There's not much to choose from in the 235 width except for high performance summer and race only. I also kept spacers on the rears to help fill the wells, I think they're 25mm adapter/spacers. BTW, I decided to go with Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 and so far I'm loving the feel of these! They're quiet and feel great!

FC Zach

msanders2":tw5slwot said:
Wow looks great!! I may have to get some to clear my wilwoods!
I can confirm they do clear the Wilwood calipers used in the Revolution kit. . I had their fitment gauge laying around and I tried it as soon as I got home..

alltracshoak

FC Zach":2ndl8mme said:
I'm very happy with the results, it's like I'm looking at a different car :) the fit is just right.
32531127777_b74a22e6f6_z.jpg
Looks good . Do they have them in wider size with not so high offset ?

msanders2

They do offer them in 17x9 +40, curious if they would fit the wilwoods or not, maybe with a 5mm spacers bringing them to +35 like my RPF1s. I’m not sure on the spoke back curve of these wheels as I do not have them, and that’s the main reason the RPF1s don’t fit the brakes. I love my 255s front and rear on my car so I may have to give those a look.