Pair of 1990 Celica Alltracs!

r-town

Guys last year I bought a 1990 Celica Alltrac off a forum member from this site. I'm currently daily driving it after my Celica convertible took a dump.

Here it is:
71a7ea80b07c11e3976812ea60f10a0e_8.jpg

The car needs a paint job, interior work, and minor work on the engine bay. Last friday, I was looking for some celica parts on craigslist. After doing some deep searches, I found a 1990 Celica Alltrac that was crashed, so I texted the owner to see if he could part out the seats for the above Celica. He replied, and asked me to make him an offer for the whole car (he wanted $1200, I didn't had all that money to spend on parts). I made him an offer, one thing leads to another, and now I own a second ST185. My first intentions were to use it as a parts car. But when picking up the car, I was surprised it was very clean besides the hits. Now I'm tempted to restore it and bring it back to life.

Here are some pictures:
3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg
Got this car for $400 + $140 tow = $540 with a title :D

A-pillar is damaged as well as the radiator, radiator support, headlights, AC condenser, and front bumper. No frame damage though :D. Going to have a buddy that does body work as a side job do a quote on this to see if is worth it or just use it as parts.

hey, where are you located? i noticed that your profile says IE. i saw that car as well and wanted it too. thats a steal for wat you paid for. anyways, there has been alot of IE meets and the next one is this fri. its an all import meet and we should go!!

pero

Both need a respray anyhow.
Repaint the daily driver and swap over interior from smashed roof car.
Fix/repair engine bay/mechanical issues on DD..
Part out remainder of smashed roof car.

pero

I don't think US shipping will be a problem for him.
Although Inland Empire sounds like a foreign location, it's actually a region in SoCal near Los Angeles.

celica_gtx

nice pick up dude! i picked my 91 alltrac for $650+60 tow!! just had a blown HG!! kid had No idea what he had.. it was hard to keep it cool n not all girly inside!! :smokes:

some lil thing missing here and there but it is bone stock!

r-town

celicast184":o4tyawwu said:
hey, where are you located? i noticed that your profile says IE. i saw that car as well and wanted it too. thats a steal for wat you paid for. anyways, there has been alot of IE meets and the next one is this fri. its an all import meet and we should go!!

What up man, I'm from Bloomington. Yeah, it was a pain to bring it all the way from La Mirada. The car is pretty clean, I am the third owner. The first owner always garaged the car, thats why the paint looks really good. Right know I just removed the fenders and damaged bumper. I will need to order the radiator support upper tier bar, and replace it. The A-pillar/roof shouldn't be a problem for my auto body guy that I know. I'm thinking of deleting the sunroof.

i think u can buy th radiator support bar from this place in san bernardino. its called inland empire collison. its off of mill st right before hitting waterman ave. i remember going to buy one with my buddy and it only cost him like $25. but u should really fix it instead of parting out!! they are jus to rare to find these day..

r-town

celicast184":nd9wdwbl said:
i think u can buy th radiator support bar from this place in san bernardino. its called inland empire collison. its off of mill st right before hitting waterman ave. i remember going to buy one with my buddy and it only cost him like $25. but u should really fix it instead of parting out!! they are jus to rare to find these day..

Ok, I just googled it, I now know exactly where it is. Went to Ecology Autoparts on Slover ave in Fontana, and found some decent Celicas with the part, but the spot welds make it hard to achieve a clean removal. I figured an aftermarket will be better.

lols, i was there about 2 weeks ago. i was looking at the white GTS up against the brick wall after the rail road railings. i pulled the center piece off the rear of the car between the lights and bumper. then i bolted it back up because i wasnt too sure if it will fit the alltrac. plus, i came up on ls400 4piston calipers from there as well....

r-town

celicast184":2vfcay6u said:
lols, i was there about 2 weeks ago. i was looking at the white GTS up against the brick wall after the rail road railings. i pulled the center piece off the rear of the car between the lights and bumper. then i bolted it back up because i wasnt too sure if it will fit the alltrac. plus, i came up on ls400 4piston calipers from there as well....

I got the sunroof out of that white GTS, I'm waiting for 50% sale event so I can go a cut the A-pillar from that car. The cashiers are really bitchy though wont give me a pricing unless a bring the part. Overall, I think LkQ pick-a-part has better prices.

yes, lkq does have better prices. ive picked up calipers from san bern 6th st pick n pull and only paid $15 a caliper. theres no hatchback celicas there right now. there is 2 non turbo mr2 there and everything else is honduhs...

r-town

Went to harbor freight tools and got a spot weld tool to pop all the spot welds for the radiator core support. Unfortunately, this part is no longer produced as aftermarket (~$30), I had to order it through an online dealer ($195 with free shipping).

2014-04-27_15-02-19_545.jpg

2014-04-27_15-02-13_375.jpgJust waiting for the part to arrive, and the front end will be complete. I have a 1992 celica that will be the donor for the lights, lower radiator support, AC parts, and GT bumper (only until I find the stock bumper).

r-town

spacetrancex":2atccpvc said:
I saw this Celica up for grabs. Didnt think it was worth the hassle though :bangshead:
Good luck on your 2nd Alltrac!
I was surprised that the Alltrac has no front frame damage at all. I was lucky, because when I found out about the car, the listing was about 20 days old, i guess no one wanted it. Made an offer, and the rest is history. My buddy already look at it, and he is going to do the body work as soon as I get a donor roof.

r-town

Update:

Good a donor roof last saturday :D
2014-05-10_11-26-43_489.jpg

Also got the radiator support, and here is a test fit
2014-05-14_18-50-45_521.jpg
My buddy started to work on the donor roof today, the whole interior is out, corner windows are out. This weekend I'm going to transfer all AC parts and headlights from 1992 Celica vert that I'm currently using it as a parts car.