All-trac build HELP!!

Allenm301

Okay, so I bought myself a 1988 Celica All-Trac and I'm currently taking it apart for body work and paint. But my problem is I'm not sure where to go after that. I want to build a car that i can cruise around on the weekends, but be able to throw on some gravel tires and take to an scca rally cross every once in a while. And I want good performance but nothing ridiculous. What should I do, what are the best brands, where can I find them? Any suggestion would help! Thanks

UtahSleeper

I would start with getting it back together first :)

After that, upgrade/replace all bushing and suspension items. Drive it for a bit and get a feel for how she is and you can start seeing what you want to improve.

underscore

^ what he said. Get it back together, drive it, take it to a rallycross or two and see what you like/don't like about the current parts before you bother changing anything up.

UtahSleeper

Just all maintenance stuff. Fuel filter, ignition, every damn bushing, wheel bearings, struts, etc. Just try and get the car to "new" before upgrading anything. Now, if you upgrade the bushings, struts, etc while doing it, thats fine, I just wouldn't start upgrading everything else till you have driven it for a bit.

Think you will find the best upgrades being the poly motor mounts and bushings and maybe solid mounts for the rear end.

Allenm301

Where can I find all those parts? I've been having trouble searching for a lot of things... Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place I guess

Overtriped

Xiimotorsports is where I got my bushings, engine mounts, and rear dif mount. Knowing the condition of the car you'll need to pull the engine and trans out, fix the gear box, steering rack, fix any other leaks it may have, rebuild the distributer, drop the rear subframe and under coat the floor, fix any rust, change the rear dif oil, replace the bushings, and exhaust. If your having trouble posting photos download photobucket and use their program. Pics are going to help us help you a lot. Hope all is well.

UtahSleeper

Overtriped":uobtqtgl said:
Xiimotorsports is where I got my bushings, engine mounts, and rear dif mount. Knowing the condition of the car you'll need to pull the engine and trans out, fix the gear box, steering rack, fix any other leaks it may have, rebuild the distributer, drop the rear subframe and under coat the floor, fix any rust, change the rear dif oil, replace the bushings, and exhaust. If your having trouble posting photos download photobucket and use their program. Pics are going to help us help you a lot. Hope all is well.

What he said for mounts and such.

Also I think alot of people use rock auto for stock stuff.

Any luck on the rebuild?