Bempa´s Celica ST165 -89

Bempa

No good for changing oil in gearbox then, seems like I need to find att used one. How does you check that it is ok when you have it out of the gearbox "on the bench " so to speak

Bempa

Underscore - Is Mario his username? Can´t seem to find any user with that name when I search in the member list.

/Benny

Bempa

Today I went down to the garage to try to figure out what´s going on with that bad noise from transfer case.
Luckily enough it was not the transfer case, it was the wheel studs that were banging back and forth in the holes in the brake disc.

So that was a relief, but still got problem with to much slip between front and rear axle.

Bempa

Even if it´s going slow, stuff still do happen time to time.
Not so much to show, but been doing a lot of small stuff here and there so car would pass inspection.
And it did, it passed inspection without a single "good to know notice" .

The car is now official road legal and I can start using the car :D

Bempa

Well, winter is closing up. Pulled the car out from it´s summer rest.
A few things to fix before I start to use it for the winter.

3SDNA

Being the owner of an identical Alltrac to yours, I love seeing that you are bringing this one back to life, it gives me all the warm and fuzzies. Keep us updated sir.

Bempa

Thanks, i will do mycket best to keep it alive and to keep you guys up to date with it

Skickat från min F8331 via Tapatalk

Bempa

This is how i drove with it last winter

IMG_1861 by Benny Gustafsson, on Flickr

IMG_1860 by Benny Gustafsson, on Flickr

As you can see it´s missing some mouldings and black front bumper. For this winter I´m going to paint missing mouldings anf bumper, may do som other bits and pieces aswell. But will try to get it look more complete.

It´s a really bad home paint job on this car. Some places to thin, some places got really bad peeling, and the masking was terrible

Just look at this picture and you can se how bad the paint job is

IMG_1862 by Benny Gustafsson, on Flickr

This is a very slow going project and will do some of this and some of that when I feel up to it.

The plan for this year before i take it out for the winter is as above, paint missing parts and bumoer.
Make me a new exhaust system including downpipe, may use a standard midpipe, does anyone now how much of a restriction a standard mudpipe is? Is it enough with 2,5" system? I wont be going high boost on this.

Sort out some misfiring issues i had last winter

And try this ECU i have, it got a name labeled on circuit board... I´m curious to what difference it will make to the car, Does anyone have any knowledge about this maybe? I took a picture of the label i found
DSC_0185 by Benny Gustafsson, on Flickr

Bempa

Got myself som weird electrical problems, charge light and light failure lamp goes on and off intermittent during driving. Boost guage that havent been working the whole time I have hade the car is suddenly working intermittent. And then the screenwasher stopped working, only got 1v down to the pump when i press the button