What did you do to your car today?

underscore

fwame_dwagon":xoacqcnq said:
I'm tempted to just drop my car off at a shop and have them finish everything up. All the little nickel and dime parts I keep having to replace are adding up to more time wasted than anything.

I'm bringing mine in tomorrow, normally I prefer working on my on stuff but 6000km in 4 years is too damn low for me.

st182er

installed my custom shift knob

10460713_10153658739968636_1399641305096254870_n.jpg

10928830_10153660412043636_1395111647773056288_n.jpg

Redswan

Redswan":25mheqjo said:
I took the car out for a Sunday drive and blew the rear diff seal. I knew I should have replaced it before I put it in. Oh well atleast it made it home safely.

I think I decided I over filled it. It wasn't leaking out the gasket, but it was coming out the vent hole on top.

Redswan

underscore":16e8i8mu said:
I'm bringing mine in tomorrow, normally I prefer working on my on stuff but 6000km in 4 years is too damn low for me.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who barely puts any mileage on my car.

killemalltrac

fwame_dwagon":3fefius8 said:
I'm tempted to just drop my car off at a shop and have them finish everything up. All the little nickel and dime parts I keep having to replace are adding up to more time wasted than anything.
Thats exactly what i did. The engine has been out of my car 4 times now and in the 2 years I've owned it I have probably only driven it for 6 months. I called Kris from KO racing up in Oregon city and he wrote me a quote and picked the car up from my house. Killer deal, good work, and I am a super happy customer with a great daily driver again.

CMS-GT4

Redswan":2yl62aaw said:
underscore":2yl62aaw said:

I've driven mine 1,100 miles since 2004. I hope to put a little bit more on this year.

Redswan

CMS-GT4":3iul2as4 said:
Redswan":3iul2as4 said:
underscore":3iul2as4 said:

I've driven mine 1,100 miles since 2004. I hope to put a little bit more on this year.

Woah, what? That is crazy. I put 2,000 on mine in the last year.

Redswan":3oriuebq said:
CMS-GT4":3oriuebq said:
Redswan":3oriuebq said:
underscore said:

Woah, what? That is crazy. I put 2,000 on mine in the last year.
I've put zero miles on mine all year :cool:

CMS-GT4

Yeah, my car spent a lot of time on jack stands. It seems most of the driving it has done is referred to as test drives. My goal this winter is the set the car up for enjoyment driving and no more test driving. So I am focused solely on doing suspension revisions. All other stuff can wait till next winter. I doubt I will any longer do projects in the driving seasons that involve the car to be down a long while.
So right now I am just waiting for some packages to arrive at some places, and once all is done with that I will start ordering parts. The big thing I have to do this winter is drop my rear sub frame. I need to repaint it, or replace it with my 205 one and design my new lower control arm. I think I would had driven this thing a lot more if I just left it stock.

soarinhigh":30i4jkku said:
fwame_dwagon":30i4jkku said:
Thats exactly what i did. The engine has been out of my car 4 times now and in the 2 years I've owned it I have probably only driven it for 6 months. I called Kris from KO racing up in Oregon city and he wrote me a quote and picked the car up from my house. Killer deal, good work, and I am a super happy customer with a great daily driver again.
If I could find a place in so cal that could do that for me I'd be happy again. I miss my car :cry:

Redswan

CMS-GT4":2rgxpa80 said:
... I think I would had driven this thing a lot more if I just left it stock.

I have tried to keep that at the heart of my build. I know that for overlanding simplicity and major moving parts that OEM is best incase something breaks on the trail a replacement is easy to acquire. I like suspension mods that are suitable for the driving type, but I'm not big on overly complicated engine modifications.