Looking for input for my build

KrowzerST165

Ok so I have an 88 alltrac. It's all original to start. My plan is 350-400 horsepower and I plan on doing a full build. Of course I will post all pictures and progress on here lol. My question is do I start and build the gen 1 3sgte or buy and build gen 2. My pros for gen 1 is I own it so I can easily buy stand alone, engine parts, turbo upgrades, etc. With second gen I would have to wait maybe a year or so to buy all the others. I'm in no rush. I want to get people's opinion on which one. Is there a limit to gen 1 power compared to gen 2? What stand alone would people recommend? I'm looking at hydra and ats racing right now.

UtahSleeper

How long have you owned the car and what is its current condition?

And honestly, I love megasquirt, but what you should do is find the tuner shops in your area and see what standalones they have experience with. A new ECU may be pointless if you can't get it tuned.

KrowzerST165

I have owned it for about 4 years. It's currently stripped due to me working little by little. Everything worked before i started the project. It did have some leaks and the previous owner ghetto rigged a turbo timer that caused some issues. Excellent advice on the stand alone I will have to look into it.

GT4times2

With the right size turbo, fuel and stand alone your 1st Gen will make 350-400 whp. Getting pistons, rods, and other parts to build your motor is easy. Making it all work together is key. Looking forward to seeing some pics and progress. Best of luck! :)

underscore

First and foremost for an EMS is finding a tuner you trust and seeing what they're familiar with tuning. Far too many times I've seen people buy an EMS without realizing the nearest tuner is 500 miles away.