90 Alltrac build "project hotdog"

Kswizzle

More progress. Got everything stripped except the the timing belt. So once again can someone chime in on the intake mani? I pulled it in car, but when I go to reassemble can I bolt the mani to the head before I put the head back in?sure would be a lot easier.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    539.6 KB · Views: 1,864

Kswizzle

Also while pulling the intake mani this fell out. No clue where it came from. But it has a little rubbery ball at the end kinda looks like a little check valve or something. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    336.8 KB · Views: 1,864

Kswizzle

Got more goodies. Painting all kinds of parts while everything is disassembled again. Starting to look nice. Also got a set of red rally armor flaps that in stoked about lol. Birthday present from my girlfriend. She's the best. Gonna have the head off tonight and see what we're dealing with. Got valve stem seals and am gonna have my head guy put them in. Was wondering if I should spend the money to get my calves adjusted, or try to do them myself. Never done it before but stepdad has. Idk yet. Coming together nicely though.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    530.5 KB · Views: 1,850

Kswizzle

Head shop called me the other day and told me my head was warped beyond repair. So a low mileage jdm 185 head is on its way. There shouldn't be any issues with jdm vs. usdm right? Am I right that there is no egr? Need an answer in that kinda quick. Getting ready to to rods and rings probably next weekend. Once it's running what do you guys reccomend for ring breakin? Seems like a pretty controversial subject, but what have you guys done that WORKS? Thanks a million hope to have this puppy running soon.