Project desert storm

760gt4

Intercooler piping done and I'm real happy with how it turned out. I also fixed my ignition problem, it was a defective starter from AutoZone. I returned it and bought one from Oriley's and now it starts up every time. I'm still having issues wig the car though, overheating issues to be exact.

I installed a new thermostat before the motor was installed but I chose to not replace the water pump since it appeared to be in good condition. Im using Toyota pink coolant, pretty new aluminum radiator (over a year old but the car wasn't ran that much) and the car was still overheating. I live in the desert where it gets pretty hot (been about 100℉ all week) so I said screw it and removed the thermostat, made sure the cooling system was bled, I have 2 12" fans constantly on and it still over heats. I did a combustion leak test and there were no combustion gases getting into the cooling system. I've noticed that if I leave the car idling it doesn't really get hot, it's mainly when I start driving and go into boost. Not sure what to do next, but will probably ave someone with a temperature gun check my radiator to see if there are odd spots.

Engine bay

Mishimoto intercooler
View attachment 1

Blue liquid after test
View attachment 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1433190708187.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1433190708187.png
    654 KB · Views: 1,980
  • uploadfromtaptalk1433190727121.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1433190727121.png
    696.8 KB · Views: 1,980
  • uploadfromtaptalk1433190751539.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1433190751539.png
    767.6 KB · Views: 1,980
I haven't had luck with those slim fans on my 56mm aluminum radiator. I went back to a stock shrouded fan and modded it to run with my turbo clocked as well. It does great! Also, wen u bleed the coolant system, make sure the care is at a uphill incline where the nose of the car is higher. Turn heater to full blast and squeeze all rad hoses to bleed most air pockets out. I hope that helps