McBoost's ST185. side skirts on, fender rollin"

Talk about your project car here

Re: McBoost's ST185. Wheels on.

Postby Dan McBoost » Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:40 pm

Well I am still around!

I brought the alltrac home to get a few things done this beautiful weekend but did get side tracked on a few other cars and home things. I was happy to at least take off a few parts, clean and/or paint things. This was the FIRST time I have spent any time cleaning under the hood and wow a few steps made a difference.

I did not take a before photo (was too embarrassing...).

I am on the hunt for a clean under hood fuse panel cover. If anyone has a parts car with one, mine must have been scratched up when toyota rebuild the engine and trans. I also want to get replacement intercooler stickers so I can get the shield powercoated.
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
Dan McBoost

McBoost.comMA70.COMFB: DanMcBoost
Dan McBoost
Club Member

Re: McBoost's ST185. Wheels on.

Postby Dan McBoost » Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:47 pm

I stuck the back up on jack stands to get on the ST205 side skirts and modded my fender roller to finally fit the lowered ST185 rear arches. Both skirts are on and the passenger side fender is rolled. It just started raining, the garage became sauna like and it's dinner time. I will finish the other side tomorrow, get it back on the ground and get some newer photos.

Oh and try out my MA70 rear spats I have not installed yet and see if I can mod them to fit this.
Dan McBoost

Dan McBoost
Club Member

Re: McBoost's ST185. side skirts on, fender rollin"

Postby Dan McBoost » Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:38 pm

While the back was up, I took a look at the rear brakes. I could hear the driver side rear ebrake was trashed so lets dig into it all. Ordered new all new rotors, pads and e brake parts. The rear rotors on my 1991 are larger than the ones I ordered. From other forums, I see that 90-91 rears are 269mm with a ~85mm height and 92-93 are 288mm and 60mm tall. The previous owner must have swapped to the later rotors and hanger. I epoxy painted it all, so the rear smaller rotors cannot be returned, but I did order the correct rears for my car which showed today. Time to mix another epoxy for these (I do have a few areas of touch up so oh well).

FWIW if anyone wants some cheap rear rotors, LMK. Also A70 rear spats will not fit at all (no matter what you cut up).
Dan McBoost

Dan McBoost
Club Member

Postby Dan McBoost » Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:43 am

Lots of clean up and epoxy:

back on the ground. new photoshoot soon.
Dan McBoost

Dan McBoost
Club Member

Postby CMS-GT4 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:39 pm

Nice wheels. Looking forward to seeing it on the ground.
Coldiron
92 st185 (205 swap) | 12 ISF | 13 Pilot | 17 Mazda3
linktr.ee/ColdironWorks | www.coldironworks.com | http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891
CMS-GT4
GTSilver Member

1992 Toyota Celica

Previous

Return to My Project