McBoost's ST185. side skirts on, fender rollin"

Dan McBoost

Well I am still around!

I brought the alltrac home to get a few things done this beautiful weekend but did get side tracked on a few other cars and home things. I was happy to at least take off a few parts, clean and/or paint things. This was the FIRST time I have spent any time cleaning under the hood and wow a few steps made a difference.

normal_20220604_151244.jpg

normal_20220604_162357.jpg

I did not take a before photo (was too embarrassing...).

I am on the hunt for a clean under hood fuse panel cover. If anyone has a parts car with one, mine must have been scratched up when toyota rebuild the engine and trans. I also want to get replacement intercooler stickers so I can get the shield powercoated.

Dan McBoost

I stuck the back up on jack stands to get on the ST205 side skirts and modded my fender roller to finally fit the lowered ST185 rear arches. Both skirts are on and the passenger side fender is rolled. It just started raining, the garage became sauna like and it's dinner time. I will finish the other side tomorrow, get it back on the ground and get some newer photos.

Oh and try out my MA70 rear spats I have not installed yet and see if I can mod them to fit this.

Dan McBoost

While the back was up, I took a look at the rear brakes. I could hear the driver side rear ebrake was trashed so lets dig into it all. Ordered new all new rotors, pads and e brake parts. The rear rotors on my 1991 are larger than the ones I ordered. From other forums, I see that 90-91 rears are 269mm with a ~85mm height and 92-93 are 288mm and 60mm tall. The previous owner must have swapped to the later rotors and hanger. I epoxy painted it all, so the rear smaller rotors cannot be returned, but I did order the correct rears for my car which showed today. Time to mix another epoxy for these (I do have a few areas of touch up so oh well).

FWIW if anyone wants some cheap rear rotors, LMK. Also A70 rear spats will not fit at all (no matter what you cut up).

Dan McBoost

CMS-GT4":3k8hpknh said:
Looks good. What is the plans for a front lip?

Thanks. Not sure yet as I am on the fence to CS the front or not thus far. I may get some ST205 front "spats"(as they are on each side of the front, rather than a full lip).

Roreri

Your ride looks like a lot of fun Dan. I bet you get a lot of looks with those wheels and the stance--makes it low and weaponish.

Tippo

She looks so good! Take the car to Toyotafest, I'll probably bring my ST185 as well... or one of them anyways. The car is looking good!

Dan McBoost

She looks so good! Take the car to Toyotafest, I'll probably bring my ST185 as well... or one of them anyways. The car is looking good!

Thanks, but this year it will be my sequoia pulling my hilux. I do need to get the 185 gas tank our and sorted before any long trips.

Dan McBoost

Opps. never updated the engine bay.

Had the turbo heat shield cerakoted, hand painted the "twin turbo entry" and around it (it was not bolted down yet as the bolts were painted and were not dry yet. Still a TON to do, but I am not going to crazy yet as I will restore this once I build the new garage at my new place.

normal_20220629_181813.jpg