McBoost's ST185. side skirts on, fender rollin"

Dan McBoost

Picked this up last fall and it has sat in my garage waiting for spring to finally show up(bought a new house around the same time so things were pretty crazy). I am the second owner and plan on cleaning it up, fixing a few issues (no boost, fogs dont work, radio in SEC mode) and having some fun driving it.

She will go on the road this week so I can get her to our new house and up on jack stands. Then exhaust, suspension and wheels.

How she was when I brought her home:
WP_20141004_18_16_37_Pro.jpg

More soon! Glad to be here!

st182er

give her a good clay bar, polish and wax.

and also a group A bumper :)

whats wrong with the boost problem?

Dan McBoost

Thanks guys. I do have many plans for it, but I also have many cars with many plans, so... we will see.

The car does not boost. I figured I would start with replacing and upgrading the complete exhaust. I did verify the actuator is free and the waste gate is not stuck open. When I swap the exhaust I should at least have a better idea of where the problem lies (unless the cat(s) is plugged and swapping exhaust fixes it!).

Other than a general wash of the exterior, this is the only thing I have done so far:
WP_20141011_11_24_12_Pro.jpg

Most of what I have for the car:
Exhaust:
IMG_3810_copy.jpg

DP:
WP_20150309_15_35_37_Pro_28Custom29.jpg

Tails:
WP_20150330_12_26_26_Pro_copy.jpg

Coilovers:
WP_20150310_17_55_40_Pro.jpg

WP_20150310_15_44_50_Pro.jpg

I do have an aussie mid pipe, clear parking lights and a set of wheels and tires. Should be a fun summer (I may be working on the truck first tho...). When I do the suspension I will look over the brakes to see what else I am diving into.

Dan McBoost

celicast184":2d9uuet6 said:
Those are coupe tailights.. Are we gonna see a rear coupe conversion on a hatchback?

Well F me. The seller listed them incorrectly and I did not verify... thanks for the heads up. Major newbie mistake and far from my normal buying traditions.

Grr..

Dan McBoost

Well that went smooth. He refunded me the money already. I can keep them and sell them to offset the loss on the original shipping costs.

Dan McBoost

Haha, sorry, no.

From New Mexico to NY! Barn find and all.

Its what I am been wrenching on. Looking forward to getting more done on it tomorrow.

Dan McBoost

Thanks.

No, she is still in my storage garage (first photo in the topic) until I get the truck back together (brakes, lowering, carb rebuilt). Then she will be next.

Awesome-Trac

Damn if you still have those coupe tail lights with vented corners those are EXTREMELY RARE in the states btw what type of suspension did u pick up?

Dan McBoost

Awesome-Trac":2bgyc742 said:
Damn if you still have those coupe tail lights with vented corners those are EXTREMELY RARE in the states btw what type of suspension did u pick up?

I know they are. They have recently sold to a guy with a coupe and an alltrac (from NJ).

The coilovers are from http://www.cxracing.com/

Awesome-Trac

Dan McBoost":yezlrjg8 said:
Awesome-Trac":yezlrjg8 said:

I know they are. They have recently sold to a guy with a coupe and an alltrac (from NJ).

The coilovers are from http://www.cxracing.com/

When are you planning to install? I really want to know if it's good cause it was either those or Megan coilovers

MWP

Awesome-Trac":34cltovw said:

Hm, i should collect and post them to the USA :wink:
They were in every Aussie ST184/185, and there are lots being wrecked here at the moment.

Dan McBoost

Awesome-Trac":23rbsn64 said:
When are you planning to install? I really want to know if it's good cause it was either those or Megan coilovers

The car is on the road as of Tuesday. I just need to get here to my new house and put her up on jack stands. Then everything gets put on. Once the exhaust and coilovers are on, I will test fit the wheels to determine the wheel spacers needed. Then I will be driving it.

Since I have so many car projects/choices I will not be in a rush to get it done, but I do want to drive it this year before ANY snow hits.

Dan McBoost

Well the first cat sure was plugged.

V__8216.jpg

Could not get the new aussie DP in. Damn two lower studs do not allow the DP to slide off (hits the oil cooler). Will be welding on nuts to the studs tomorrow. Will be able to test out the boost then. Wish me luck.

If the boost is fixed, then it will return to the garage and get everything else tossed on:D