Centerforce Celica Re-Born

CSAlltrac

So I wanted to start this thread since most people don't even know this car still exists. It has changed hands from the original owner, Centerforce who built it up for a SEMA demo car. The car did not see much action beyond being a booth car and a handful of track events. I have personally put quite a bit of street time on this car and am excited to see the path its future is on. Here is a link to a little background on the car.
http://www.umstuning.com/gallery/index. ... n-s-Celica
The exchange of ownership after a long period of storage has been transferred to Tony Szirka, Owner/Operator of UMS Tuning in Tempe Arizona. In Tony's hands the car is going to see a LOT more abuse. Unfortunately his first event with the car it spun a rod bearing and so has gone under the knife once again. This time around is going to be something to pay attention to. Updates for it may be spaced out for some time but when I have them I will be sure to post them. The current build that is being finished up is a built Gen3 W/ a full Brian Crower stroker kit installed. The interesting parts are in the turbo kit that Tony is going to run. At the hands of the guys at https://jdlautodesign.net/ a one off manifold, and downpipe have been created. Manifold will allow the use of an EVOX direct fit Garrett GTX3076 Twin Scroll. Turbo is rated at 600HP while retaining fast spool. Charge cooling will be done VIA a one off WTA intercooler. COP conversion will be done, and Im unsure of what ECU will be ran but I can assure you it will be AEM. I know Tony has been kicking around the idea of utilizing an EVO AEM computer since the market options are much larger. Pictures are worth a thousand words so......Heres a few older ones as well as the most current ones I have. More to come.

3SDNA

Whaaaat, this car is at UMS? Are those pics from when you were in AZ? Looks like Prescott or somewhere North.

MWP

That's an interesting choice of turbo.
Not a bad idea really, as there are very few other internally gated twin-scroll options.

UMS Tuning

We'll be using an AEM Infinity 506. I think a good, modern twinscroll turbo is what these engines want...we'll see if my theories are correct. My goal is to spool a metric f**k-ton faster than the previous t3 and have the legs to make another 100hp over it as well. With all the safeties and proper flex fuel capability the ecu should make it safe and allow the car to last a while, my wife and son will be abusing it doing NASA DE/time attack in it.

CSAlltrac

3SDNA":2wkvgmn3 said:
Whaaaat, this car is at UMS? Are those pics from when you were in AZ? Looks like Prescott or somewhere North.
It is in Prescott and Jerome where some of the shots were taken.

GT4times2

I remember that car very well. I still have the (2) Modified issues it was featured in. Great to see it being brought back to life. Loving the new wheels.