EGR Delete

alltrac801

I have seen a lot on this forum about deleting the EGR to clean up some of the vacuum lines. How hard is it to delete the EGR and will I need to order anything to do this?

I have a 1991 All-trac gen 2 motor. Thank you for any advise. I've had my car for just over 4 years now and want to give her a little love.

alltrac801

The brand doesn't really matter considering they are just block off plates right? Do you know of any cons of doing this?

88gt4DE

Nothing major ... There's tons of discussions about it. In my car which is Gen1 I get a little backfire on decel very very seldom. Its not going to give you tons more horsepower if that's what yer asking ... Suppose to keep intake cleaner and less clutter under the hood. Not much gain ...

88gt4DE

I think most people just get the KO racing kit. Its been a long time but I'm fairly certain that's where mine came from.

superboonan

I made the block of plates my self from 8mm aluminium, it's easy to do and saves you alot of money. There is really no big pros other than a litle cleaner looking engine bay with less shit in the way and some minimum weight destruction and it is really easy to do check out the tutorial

Magroo

If you are running a usdm ecu you'll need to install a 10ohm resistor in the egr plug to trick the computer. At least I think I used a 10ohm. There's som kind temp sensor in there that the ecu checks to make sure it's working when everything gets hot.

alltrac801

Im still running the stock ECU so ill make sure I do that. What happens if I don't install the resistor? I have never really dabbled in electronics so where would I pick this resistor up at?